favorite vitamins?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Glucosamine is not an instant short term cure to help with joint problems. It will not reverse joint damage but some studies show that it will slow further osteoarthritic degradation.

If you are diabetic then you should avoid glucosamine. In animal studies, glucosamine adversely affected blood sugars and was associated with insulin resistance.

If you decide to use it, a trial of 3 months is suggested.

Drew D
Pharm.D candidate

Accurate or not, I've heard that the only effective way to supply vitamins is through your diet and not supplements. I take vitamins, but, if what I'm hearing is correct the body just does not uptake vitamin supplements the same as those naturally occurring in food. I would certainly like to know more about this matter.

crackmeup.gif

Last edited:
Right now I'm taking

an Ultra Multi (without Iron), Fish Oil, Daily Emzyme, and brain power supplements.

I just started on the Fish Oil's as I have really bad dry skin in the winter and am hoping that the Omega 3's will help with that. They are also supposed to help with depression which is also likely in the winter.

Of coarse I take the stuff that is distributed through the Amsoil Division called "altum" With my discount, they are high quality products at a really good price.

I know several guys that take the "male power" stuff and they say it works. I don't have any personal experience with it out. LOL

Found these on two for one deal at local health food shop. Pretorious Professional 50+ Multi-Vision Multivitamin & Vision Formula. My eyes need all the help they can get

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back