Always feeling tired, waking up tired.......

'Rona wrecked the social lives/skills of a lot of kids in that age bracket. Vitamin D & B12 deficiency and sleep apnea could be a big part (dealt with that for years, know what it's like) but some of it may also be related to something like minor seasonal depression or lack of interaction with other people in his age group ("Nothing to do so I'm gonna take a nap" tends to enforce itself in a self-repeating cycle that gets worse the longer it goes).

Have thyroid levels been checked?
Thyroid disorders can have a noticeable impact on your energy level and mood. Hypothyroidism tends to make people feel tired, sluggish, and depressed. Hyperthyroidism can cause anxiety, problems sleeping, restlessness, and irritability.

Have thyroid levels been checked?
Thyroid disorders can have a noticeable impact on your energy level and mood. Hypothyroidism tends to make people feel tired, sluggish, and depressed. Hyperthyroidism can cause anxiety, problems sleeping, restlessness, and irritability.
I'd add, if thyroid levels are being checked, parathyroid levels should also. Tends to get overlooked.

Hopeful it’s a case of just getting him outdoors and moving and it’s not a condition of some sorts. Maybe he’s a late bloomer and has a last growth spurt? That takes a lot of energy out of the body.

When I was a teen I never had enough sleep, but never really felt tired all day long either.
Check the thyroid.
I'm 67 and a little over 1 yr ago I started feeling sluggish. At my annual exam I told my doctor. Blood work showed my thyroid hormone level low (hypothyroidism). Put me on 25mg of levothyroxin daily and I've been back to normal ever since.

https://www.bing.com/search?q=Hypot...arousel-a786ac1d-b0be-578d-186f-640ecb341fc7"

There may be more wrong with your son that is medical related but you're not going to find it here.
I'm praying for him. 🙏
Thanks. I know this is not a legit place to ask for info, but maybe someone here knows something that a Dr. might not remember about or know about.
Does he have a decent diet? No soda or caffeine in the afternoon/ before bedtime?
He sometimes has it, only to wake him up a little

perhaps some good multiple vitamins ,decent food and excercise, and importantly drink lots of water & brush your teeth regularly.

I agree with a sleep study. You can be young, healthy, exercising daily at a nationally competitive level, and still have sleep quality issues. I know I did.

Some people just need more sleep too. Watching how my kids act and wake when they both go to bed at the same time, or even if one that needs more gets more, is interesting.

That sleep study will be the first thing though.

First step, get him out in the sun, even when it is cloudy outside, also immediate Vitamin D supplements. You said he is deficient in Vitamin D. Most likely a boost in Vitamin D will solve most of his problems. If that does not work, then look for other causes.

Back