Vitamin D

I've never been one to take vitamins or supplements but over the last few years I started taking these:

D3 with K2, Paul Stamet's Mushroom line and sulforaphane (compound in broccoli).

1699197723616.png

So if you take 10,000 IUs, my question is how long does it stay in your system. Does it leave your system daily or does it stay for a week, therefore building up large amounts in your system?

They say that it may help with prevention of Multiple Sclerosis. I was tested & found to be low, & was put on 10,000 units for a few weeks & re tested. I now try to take it regularly. They say we don't absorb it from the sun as readily as we did when younger, & more important in northern hemisphere.

Whoa. That guy doesn't know the difference between quantity (total amount in the blood) and flow (the daily dose). He's mistaking the quantity in the blood that a small increase in flow would cause.

That advice is terrible. A reasonable approach would be to take 2 X 1000 IU tablets (instead of one) and see what the new blood level is.

Had mine checked several times, and it was consistently low. The only issue with that was, my doctor, an Osteopath no less, didn't do anything about it. Too busy I suppose.
Anyway, a new nurse practitioner started at the office, and I decided to make an appointment with her. Well, first visit and she saw my results, and immediately wrote up a prescription.
50,000 iu Vitamin D2, twice a week for 8 weeks, then drop back to once a week for 4 more weeks! No that's not a typo, 1250 MCG per capsule. I suppose at the end of that regimen, I will be getting another blood test, not sure.
Anyway, I also started taking CoQ10, as well as C-pap therapy (her specialty is sleep apnea) this was about a month ago.
Only been doing the C-pap for 10 days, but those things, taken together, and I feel 10 years younger!

Biggest improvement I can see is that my muscles aren't as stiff and my joints hurt much less. I can move and bend a lot better.

I think I can answer NiwradND's question a little bit. It can build up in your system, but I have no idea how long it maintains that level. Excess Vitamin D, from my searches, can cause calcium retention and constipation among other things, so it's nothing to fool around with without a doctor to advise.
I did experience some constipation, so I cut out one dose mid week, for ONLY one week, and things seemed to go back to normal.

Bottom line, get tested, and talk to your doctor.

I've never been one to take vitamins or supplements but over the last few years I started taking these:

D3 with K2, Paul Stamet's Mushroom line and sulforaphane (compound in broccoli).

View attachment 186898
Careful Buster … I started taking brain supplements and it made me realize I was spending too much on vitamins 😷

Whoa. That guy doesn't know the difference between quantity (total amount in the blood) and flow (the daily dose). He's mistaking the quantity in the blood that a small increase in flow would cause.

That advice is terrible. A reasonable approach would be to take 2 X 1000 IU tablets (instead of one) and see what the new blood level is.
He didn't say that. Show me what time stamp.

Some evidence that people who take vitamins are (on average) the least healthy. I think that means you need a well balanced diet and not try to make up for a poor diet by taking pills.
This is true, people just want to pop a pill and do nothing else and suddenly get "healthy"

But that's not the topic here.

Many many people are Vitamin D deficient. Feel free to deny that or point out the causes.

Back