Eliminating Plastic taste w/ New Espresso Machine

I just purchased an entry level Mr. Coffee machine on Black Friday. After filling the tank, I flushed nearly 4 cups of hot water (brew mode without coffee) through it and then proceeded to make a couple batches of espresso. I noticed that the frothing wand gives my milk a strange aftertaste.

Will this plastic residue go away with continued use and flushing? I’m concerned that these chemicals will block my testosterone and prevent me from transforming into Bonesaw…

I just purchased an entry level Mr. Coffee machine on Black Friday. After filling the tank, I flushed nearly 4 cups of hot water (brew mode without coffee) through it and then proceeded to make a couple batches of espresso. I noticed that the frothing wand gives my milk a strange aftertaste.

Will this plastic residue go away with continued use and flushing? I’m concerned that these chemicals will block my testosterone and prevent me from transforming into Bonesaw…
Unfortunately that seems to be quite common in lower tier machines due to lower quality plumbing/parts being used. Heat and cheaper plastics don't go well together. You might try flushing diluted white vinegar through it, then lots of fresh water after cleaning the water reservoir as that can sometimes get rid of gnarly manufacturing odd smells/taste.

Unfortunately that seems to be quite common in lower tier machines due to lower quality plumbing/parts being used. Heat and cheaper plastics don't go well together. You might try flushing diluted white vinegar through it, then lots of fresh water after cleaning the water reservoir as that can sometimes get rid of gnarly manufacturing odd smells/taste.
+1
Spend more and you'll get an improved overall experience.

Back