Vitamin D

Get your MK7 form of Vitamin D from natto, kraut, and cheese. Synthetic D is questionable and taken in excess may contribute to atherosclerosis. Natural sources require of course more consideration and effort compared to popping a few pills that may or may not be good for you.
You can make natto at home!

I'm agreeing, especially the cheap D in pills and God forbid agree in excess.

I have the crock, press plate and lid ready to go. Need to leave the bat cave tomorrow to buy some organic cabbages. I'm dropping back to 2% salt and caraway seeds and bay leaves. Unless you remind me what else Teutonic I might huck in the crock.

You can make natto at home!
In the bathtub. Your wife will be ecstatic.
I'm agreeing, especially the cheap D in pills and God forbid agree in excess.\
Had a family member whose Vitamin B12 was at 1,400 pg/ml from a daily multi that contained 40x the RDA. Headaches, weakness. rash. I suppose 40x the RDA is a bit much even with a water-soluble vitamin that is easily excreted, especially if one consumes regularly fish, meat, and dairy.
I have the crock, press plate and lid ready to go. Need to leave the bat cave tomorrow to buy some organic cabbages. I'm dropping back to 2% salt and caraway seeds and bay leaves. Unless you remind me what else Teutonic I might huck in the crock.
Klaus laments the lack of caraway seeds, mustard seeds, juniper berries, and laurel leaves when eating the local kraut. I think caraway seeds prevent painful intestinal bloating and enable more controlled venting. I add fried onion to kraut that I eat warm but I mostly eat it cold. Onion is also hard to digest and the combo of kraut and onion may be too much for some people. 💨

Best stuff, tastes good and goes down easy after enjoying
1-vitamind3.jpg
the taste: https://www.infowarsstore.com/health-and-wellness/infowars-life/vitamin-d3-gummies

That bottle label does no mention of how many IU's are in each dose.

I've been averaging (1) 1000 IU Vitamin D3 gel per day for the past 20 years. Doctor has never stated it was too much or too little. He generally always says my numbers are basically in the middle of where they should be.

That bottle label does no mention of how many IU's are in each dose.

I've been averaging 1000 IU Vitamin D3 gels per day for the past 20 years.
50mcg (2 gummies) is 2000 IU, I take only 1 a day (1000 IU) and its good enough for me as I get out in the sun when I can.

So if you take 10,000 IUs, my question is how long does it stay in your system. Does it leave your system daily or does it stay for a week, therefore building up large amounts in your system?
Vitamin Di is stored and accumulated in the liver and adipose tissue (body fat). It depends on the form of Vitamin D how well it is stored and what its half-life is. The half-life varies between 15 hours and two months with an average of around 3 weeks. If you store way too much vitamin D it could take months to drop into the normal range. Conversely, if your Vitamin D levels are very low, it takes generally a high initial dosage to top up the Vitamin D stores. Vitamin D levels should be in the normal range. While low levels are not good, too much of it also of concern. And Vitamin D should always be combined with K2 in the MK-7 variant. Pablo says cod liver oil is delicious. That's a premium source.

Because Vitamin D is a fat-soluble vitamin you do not pee out any excess and may suffer negative health effects if you take too much of it.

$70 vitamin D test from Quest, no Rx Needed:

Problem with Vitamin D supplements is they don't always increase your blood levels. You can take 50k IU and it won't make a dent so you have to monitor your levels to see what is working. Sometimes sun will help sometimes a UVB tannin bed is needed.

Most insurance doesn't want to cover a vitamin D test unless you get your doctor to say it's medically necessary.

Vitamin D helps modulate your immune system from overreacting ie, covid-19 and lung breathing.

A usually free annual physical with blood lab work will tell if you're deficient in any vitamins. Most people are low on vitamin D even in the southwest. A vitamin D test is usually not covered in a physical unless you get your doctor to ask for one.

If you get the blood work you'll probably find you're wasting money on many supplements.

Vitamin D works best with Vitamin K2 synergistically. You can get them in one pill.

It can take several months to get Vitamin D levels up at 5000IU's per day.

Substituting vitamins for poor nutritional health ie McDonald's is not the way you're supposed to be doing it.

Stop drinking Soda.

Yes, one can over supplement with vitamin D, but virtually no one is going to have a problem with a taking a 1000 IU's a day. Folks that "prescribe" themselves 50,000 IU prescription dosages without a doctor's blood work and say so are likely to get into trouble.

As someone in Rx for a long time, look first for USP Certification like NatureMade. Too many vitamin supplements haven't submitted their ingredients to be tested by a third party and that's why I recommend what I do. Check with your primary physician or MD. For all those that are taking high amounts of vitamin C your body will pee out what it does to absorb and sometimes it can cause diarrhea but it's fairly safe and I see a lot of people taking a high amount of it right now to try to stay well.

Back