Vitamin D

In the medical field, most of the vitamin D tests ordered by the doctors are not paid by insurance as "medically unnecessary". So these tests are more likely than not going to be paid by the patient. It's very rare to see it covered.

I take 5,000 IU every day and spend as much time as I can in the sun. I also have a UV light designed for Vitamin D that I use in the winter.

In the medical field, most of the vitamin D tests ordered by the doctors are not paid by insurance as "medically unnecessary". So these tests are more likely than not going to be paid by the patient. It's very rare to see it covered.

I take 5,000 UI every day and spend as much time as I can in the sun. I also have a UV light designed for Vitamin D that I use in the winter.
Agree. Just another example of MD's/NC industry focused elsewhere. Just IMHO, there could be better money saved with truly healthier people.

I just downed two drops and teaspoon of cod oil with my other co-factor regimen.

Talked to the wife about natto. She thinks I need to be locked up now. She can't stand the stuff, nor can her born in Japan mom. Not sure why. When I return from my next trip, I will buy some.

Well, it was partly sarcasm but I did have to have a stronger prescription.

In other words, I don't think they helped.

But if you have a vitamin deficiency, multi-vitamins can help.
Sorry you did not have good results. I have taken a Occuvite type supplement for several years. I prefer the Nature Made brand but have used other including Ocuvite.

My results have been good. Before I discovered that my multi had no lutein, my vision was not good. Was wearing +2.5 over +5.5. After switching to Equate brand multi with has a healthy dose of lutein, I thought my eyes were getting worse but they were getting better. Picked up a older pair of +1.5 sunglasses and my vision past 5ft was perfect. During and right after the pandemic, targeted supplements were selling at least 50% off. So I ordered a bottle of the Nature Made "Vision" which is a ARED2 formulation.

Fast forward 2 years and my vision keeps improving slowly but surely, distance vision needs no magnification, this includes TV at 8-10 ft. Can almost do the laptop at 24". My upclose vision now only requires a +3.0.
Again, sorry your results were not good.

Agree. Just another example of MD's/NC industry focused elsewhere. Just IMHO, there could be better money saved with truly healthier people.

I just downed two drops and teaspoon of cod oil with my other co-factor regimen.

Talked to the wife about natto. She thinks I need to be locked up now. She can't stand the stuff, nor can her born in Japan mom. Not sure why. When I return from my next trip, I will buy some.
Just sprinkle a boatload of your favorite herb on the natto! 😛

Since going on keto and really reducing my food intake, in the winter I have developed a rash. Starts on the ankles and this year got really bad and the shoulders and calf. Low humidity did that during the cold snap.

I tried all the usual ointments and stuff, they helped the symptoms but don't make them go away. Figured out it wasn't the laundry detergent as the inflammation would go away in the summer. So it was something to do with seasonal and layers of clothing, clothing causing chafing from normal movement.

So figured it was vitamin D as I wasn't taking any and use to drink a lot of milk before keto, get a lot of sun in the summer. Got some D3 1000iu and started taking two a day. Saw an improvement after 5 days so went to three a day. Been about 8 days now.

1000001883.jpg

Pills and Vitamin D don't work for me. Must be drops.

That said, I did not need one drop in HI. Running around half nekid did the trick.

Now Feb 20, I am tapering back to one drop every other day - plus I take salmon oil (none?) and cod liver oil (some D).

Pills and Vitamin D don't work for me. Must be drops.

That said, I did not need one drop in HI. Running around half nekid did the trick.

Now Feb 20, I am tapering back to one drop every other day - plus I take salmon oil (none?) and cod liver oil (some D).
I like drops too. Had many good brands. Taste was never an issue.

Since going on keto and really reducing my food intake, in the winter I have developed a rash. Starts on the ankles and this year got really bad and the shoulders and calf. Low humidity did that during the cold snap.

I tried all the usual ointments and stuff, they helped the symptoms but don't make them go away. Figured out it wasn't the laundry detergent as the inflammation would go away in the summer. So it was something to do with seasonal and layers of clothing, clothing causing chafing from normal movement.

So figured it was vitamin D as I wasn't taking any and use to drink a lot of milk before keto, get a lot of sun in the summer. Got some D3 1000iu and started taking two a day. Saw an improvement after 5 days so went to three a day. Been about 8 days now.

Just be careful with the dosages and most importantly, get your blood tested! I got mine done two months ago and I was sitting at 333 nmol/L which is in the "overdose" range, proper levels are between 76 and 250.

Thankfully I didn't exhibit any symptoms, it was just regular bloodwork that caught this.

Been taking about 4000 IU for over 5 years and guess it just started spiking recently.

Just be careful with the dosages and most importantly, get your blood tested! I got mine done two months ago and I was sitting at 333 nmol/L which is in the "overdose" range, proper levels are between 76 and 250.

Thankfully I didn't exhibit any symptoms, it was just regular bloodwork that caught this.

Been taking about 4000 IU for over 5 years and guess it just started spiking recently.
Yeah that's pretty high.

Yes test. I know with seasonally and location and dosage - when to cut back. Like most stuff in life, we are not designed with "more is better" in general.

Say about March-April I won't need drops until October or so. Not only more sunlight and nekidness, but more fresh green leafy veggies in the equation.

Get your MK7 form of Vitamin D from natto, kraut, and cheese. Synthetic D is questionable and taken in excess may contribute to atherosclerosis. Natural sources require of course more consideration and effort compared to popping a few pills that may or may not be good for you.

Back