Centrum Silver or One a Day Men 50+

Been alternating between the two, not looking to see which one is better than the other, just wondering if anybody taking a daily vitamin, also take an Omega 3 gel pill every morning. Lots of articles about taking vitamin supplements but not interested in all the BS. ;)

Just about to start a jug of Centrum Silver Men's 50+ vitamins. Hope they are OK, I got 220 of them. They were cheap on Amazon with a coupon. They were $9.48 with tax. Usually I just get Equate mens 50+ at WalMart.

I simply purchase what Costco has on sale. Centrum Silver was the last purchase. Due to autoimmune disease (Hashimoto's and MCTD) and certain gene expressions that affect vitamin B9 and B12 absorption, I have to take certain specific vitamins in exceedingly large quantities. I take the Centrum to balance out any other issues caused by other vitamins I may not absorb properly. They do seem to work and I do notice if I go too long between taking one. Maybe every third day is enough, but every other day works.

This
D3.jpg

plus this
veggie.jpg
Not this
balance.jpg

I take both. The Centrum is cheap insurance to get your daily requirements of vitamins and minerals, especially when dieting. The fish oil is for heart health through lowering cholesterol and BP among other things. Make sure you buy one with highest level of Omega-3. Many brands only have 360 mg per capsule. I take 2 of these a day, morning and evening.

71UYg8GN40L._AC_SL1500_.jpg

Been alternating between the two, not looking to see which one is better than the other, just wondering if anybody taking a daily vitamin, also take an Omega 3 gel pill every morning. Lots of articles about taking vitamin supplements but not interested in all the BS. ;)
think Centrum has potassium and One A Day does not …

Ask you doctor what you need or what may be of some benefit. All my blood work came back fine, I don't need anything.
Engine and other additives, detailing products, soaps, OTC health products and vitamins are huge cash grabs I try to avoid.
True, a lot of marketing and fluff in the supplements market. There are good products there, but only if you really need it.

The one thing I would suggest, is a vitamin D level check. Make sure your doc checks that. So many are deficient in vitamin D. It's vital to make calcium work to prevent osteoporosis. Affects mentation, and a host of other things.

I used to take a store-brand adult multivitamin, but then my Dr advised me to take one specifically labelled for men. I now take the store-brand version of Men's One a Day (I take one about every other day on average). He said that for a man to take very much calcium is just asking for kidney stones.

I take a multi vitamin ( One a Day 50+) and nine supplements everyday. Works for me. As one gets older, absortion becomes an issue so additional supplements may be needed.

GNC Multi for men for decades. At 50 I added Fish Oil and heavy C intake year round. Inter fasting most days of the week 8/16 (I choose an eating window of 10am/6pm).

Krill Oil.
Kroger brand 50+ multivitamin.
Qunol CoQ10. 200mg.

I used to eat better lunches pre-COVID. Kale salads 2-3x a week. ;(

If you are going to take a multi or any vitamin, it’s good to take a food based natural vitamin. They are much better an efficiently absorbed into your body. Many of the cheap vitamins are synthetic lab based and are just excreted as waste. Natural vitamins have a higher ORAC value which pertains to the ability to be absorbed and utilized by the body.
As for fish oil try to find one that is not from farm raised fish and has been tested and certified by a third party. Many of the cheaper ones are full of heavy metals and in that case you are better off not taking anything.
True grace is a decent brand to look at. Many of there products are derived from mushrooms.
New Chapter was great an still is decent. The original owners started a new company called for the Biome which has great reviews. Products are from fermented plants mainly.
My kind organic is another decent one.
I do not work for any of these companies, just wanted to give a perspective and instill a desire for you to do some research. I know you guys on this site love research.

A lot of store brand vitamins are minimal at best. Also check for the country of origin. You might be surprised where those vitamins are coming from.

I use iHerb for supplements. Good pricing and quick shipping. I take a B complex vitamin and a krill oil supplement each day.

I take a few supplements. I take the "burpless" fish oil, a generic or Costco multi vitamin, D caps, a Lutein(vision) cap, COq10.

Those vegetables in a capsule are a complete scam.

I take a few supplements. I take the "burpless" fish oil, a generic or Costco multi vitamin, D caps, a Lutein(vision) cap, COq10.

Those vegetables in a capsule are a complete scam.
Some of the burp-less is just burp less 😝 I take Omega-3 and guess what taste you get ?

Back