Extended Drains in the US??

Status
Not open for further replies.
will we ever go over the 3 month-3,000 mile oil change? I think so, but not without a fight. Mobil is trying...but the Great Valvoline??? check out this from Vals site. Valvoline Extended Drain
Does this make you Valvoline users feel good about going past 3/3000???

I know that Mobil & Amsoil says extended drains is a go. What other oils also say this???

Doc said something nice about Mobil on this board..and no bashing?
wink.gif

"Talking about motor oil is about as exciting as watching paint dry. "

crackmeup.gif

Vavoline 1
BITOG 0

Oh wait
mad.gif

I don't know about all this extended drain garbage! I think you should follow the manufacture's instructions and forget about it!

Quote:

I don't know about all this extended drain garbage! I think you should follow the manufacture's instructions and forget about it!

Why not stretch your dollar a little further even if it is Candian? Jokeing our neighbors to the north. I have enjoyed many a beer with your sailors don't take it the wrong way.
Back to the subject. Why would you waste an resource like motor oil. Also why you are at trying to find your "sweat spot" for an OCI. Find other problems that exist in your engine. Fix it before it becomes an real expensive problem.
Or you can follow your 3K OCI rule. Have an coolent leak, injector problem, or clogged air filter. Not know about it do nothing then have an real expensive repair bill on your hand?
hornets_nest.gif

you gotta love valvoline's website. not only do they tell you to do 3k oci, but they tell me to use all climate in my 06 vibe. Maxlife for everything over 75k miles. lol

Funny how they say that extended oil drains are bad for the environment. That's why European governments have pushed automakers there to minimum 9.5K mileage (15,000 km) oil change intervals, and are looking to push them to 19K mileage (30,000 km) OCIs in the near future. We all know that Europe pollutes so much more than the US.
smirk.gif

Quote:

Well get used to it. If you follow GM's advice with the oil light....you'll go up to a year and no telling how many miles. And its a pretty good system. It was too detailed for me to explain how it works. Not perfect but the best I've seen. I'm sure somewhere on this site you'll find info on it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back