E-Cigarette

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive noticed an increase in popularity of these devices. The gas station by me sells these things like candy. They claim no smoke, tar or any other bad substances that come with normal cigarettes...just exhaled water vapor. Now, I'm an occasional smoker (1 to 2 times a week,if that) just because my job is stressfull at times. I don't get cravings for a cigarette or withdrawals.

Have any of you BITOG smokers tried these before?

I did. They were fine for at home and while driving and whatnot, but I needed a whole cartridge first thing in the morning. The problem was work. My boss is an &$%$@&$%&$%^&$%%$@% @^$%$@%@ ^%$@^@%^@$%% so I would burn up an atomizer every time he opened his mouth. I went back to real cigs to save money on atomizers.

Avoid any that look like a real cigarette. I was banned from a McDonalds for that.

Ruyan4# juice tastes nice. Do they still make that stuff?

I have a rechargable e-cig and have managed to only cut back to 8 cigeretes a day. It's nice smoking in the house now. E-cigs don't have an odor because there's no smoke.

I would guess you do not drink coffee/alcoholic beverages.

Its a nice crutch to get off smoking, lets put it that way. It replaces the habit and it tastes good, the variety of flavours is endless, the smoke doesn't linger and stink up a place like real smoke does. Its honestly like smoking from a tiny portable fog machine. Kinda cool.

The main issues are some still contain nicotine and some contain other chemical carriers that you still really don't wanna inhale. I dunno. I wouldn't keep doing it like "yay, check out my fun hobby thats suddenly absolutely healthy; I assure you, try it kids", but I would definitely say if you wanna stop or cut back on smoking; try it.

Originally Posted By: jorton
I have a rechargable e-cig and have managed to only cut back to 8 cigeretes a day. It's nice smoking in the house now. E-cigs don't have an odor because there's no smoke.

I would guess you do not drink coffee/alcoholic beverages.

I'm a coffee person when I have the patience to get it ready or if someone brewed a pot at work. Not so much on the alcohol part...I've heard of people using these on airliners with and without much fuss. It's not smoke, it doesn't stink and it's just vapor.

I went to 7/11 and picked up a disposable ONEJoy, I'll see how it is in the morning.

Last edited:
Healthy no, but with decent juice and a healthy heart it's not that bad is it? It's a lot better than smoking and if you get to liking it you just might also get the benefit of not getting Alzheimers disease. Of course, maybe that whole smokers not getting Alzheimer's is just because we all die too young. I can't remember. Can't seem to remember much these days. Who are you again?

It may or may not help you. My roommate buys e-cigs occasionally. Usually when he is going on a trip with his parents and wants to hide his smoking. They serve that basic function, but he still smokes real cigarettes regularly, so not much of an actual habit kicker.

Better than my method though. I replaced cigarettes with dip...big mistake. Smokeless is addictive as [censored].

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl
It may or may not help you. My roommate buys e-cigs occasionally. Usually when he is going on a trip with his parents and wants to hide his smoking. They serve that basic function, but he still smokes real cigarettes regularly, so not much of an actual habit kicker.

Better than my method though. I replaced cigarettes with dip...big mistake. Smokeless is addictive as [censored].

When I got my motorcycle is when I started smoking and then I was a two pack a week type person then eventually at least half a pack a day. I stopped for six months, started and stopped for six months again. I found that to be pretty weird. I had that cycle from 2008 up until the end of 2010. Now it's just smoking here and there and I don't get cravings.

Originally Posted By: 01rangerxl

+1, Though Ive come to a conclusion, I need lungs to live, and I like applesauce, so Im okay with giving up my teeth instead of my lungs

E cigs are great. I did away with the disposables quite quickly. Check out the E Cig Forum, great info there. The site is just like BITOG but for E cigs. Seriously. People have their juices tested for chemical makeup and nicotine %. I can give you links to a few sites that I buy from in PM. I haven't had an analog cig in 6 months, it's quite liberating.

not to bad but kinda dorky. my friend who smokes while he dips made fun of me only a (insulting) word would smoke those . lol i dont smoke i used to chew but my fiance doesn't appreciate a kiss with my cheek and gum full
smile.gif
almost lost my man parts over that. the aren't bad though heck you might like them a lot.

Originally Posted By: MaximusD
E cigs are great. I did away with the disposables quite quickly. Check out the E Cig Forum, great info there. The site is just like BITOG but for E cigs. Seriously. People have their juices tested for chemical makeup and nicotine %. I can give you links to a few sites that I buy from in PM. I haven't had an analog cig in 6 months, it's quite liberating.

Preferably an e-cigarette with a smooth menthol taste.

An electronic cigarette? Is that like a pacifier for those who don't have the willpower to just quit altogether?

Tobacco use leaves me shaking my head in wonderment-why anyone would put that filth in their mouth is simply beyond my comprehension. And now there are electronic pacifiers for smokers? Sheesh.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
An electronic cigarette? Is that like a pacifier for those who don't have the willpower to just quit altogether?

Tobacco use leaves me shaking my head in wonderment-why anyone would put that filth in their mouth is simply beyond my comprehension. And now there are electronic pacifiers for smokers? Sheesh.

You could make that argument for any personal choice, really. I'd rather live in a world where individuals can use their own discretion on what they do with their bodies than the other way around.

Tobacco is as much historical as it is notorious. Also, the anti tobacco lobby is just as much a lobby as the tobacco lobby is one.

Willpower isn't always enough. Nicotine withdrawal symptoms can go beyond simply unpleasant for some. Three hours after a smoke I have a severe headache and difficulty focusing. That's difficulty focusing vision, not just attention. It's stupid to start smoking in the first place, but quitting can be worse.

The no carcinogen selling point is [censored], nicotine is a carcinogen so as long as it has nicotine (which I know you can get some overpriced water ones instead...) it's carcinogenic. But maybe 20 chemicals instead of 9001 that you get with regular cigarettes. That said I've never smoked in my life and never plan to, but if I did I'd only use an electronic "cigarette". The companies use the excuse that it was designed in China so "the best ones only come from China", which is complete bull because it will never change the fact that they put out the cheapest things possible. I'd buy one from a store and never online though, stores have to be selling good things to get any business. Online? You could get a fried dog turd in the mail if you ordered one.

Agreed. I tried smoking for a few weeks because all my friends were doing it all the sudden but couldn't understand what the fuss was all about and quit. It just doesn't make sense to me and didn't feel good either as I got no noticeable before or after I smoked.

I tries the e Sig as well when it came out and besides "lighing up" in public places with people looking at you with raised eye brows but without smelling anything, I got bored of that as well.

Originally Posted By: Grant11
You could get a fried dog turd in the mail if you ordered one.

Just think about how much time and fuel you could waste driving from one brick and mortar store to another looking for a really good fried dog turd at a reasonable price.

I'm jumping in on here, this is one thing I know about. Nicotine is NOT a carcinogen under OSHA or IARC. The carcinogens are produced when nicototine is combusted along with the other chemicals that are added by the manufacturer. This effect is known as co-carcinogen. That website maximusd pointed out is the BITOG of ecigs, I'm on there as Schmoe as well. I've learned so much just by reading and then researching myself.
BrownBox, you need to go here: http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/e-cigarette-starter-kits/joyetech-ego-c-1000mah-starter-kit/

and then here: http://www.myfreedomsmokes.com/e-liquid/tobacco-vg-based-e-liquids/kool-e-liquid-vg/

I smoked menthol for years, that particular flavor is about as close as your going to get to a smooth, good tasting menthol.

Are E-cigs less expensive than the real thing? I haven't smoked in decades. They were around $1.25/pack then. It's insane now. I can't imagine how someone can swing $10/pack. They're real close to that in my area.

Joel

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back