Family cottage/cabin advise, and thoughts

Status
Not open for further replies.
You need to have an honest conversation about it with her. I would absolutely walk away from having to pay half and someone else gets the other half for nothing.

As much as I hate to be this way family doesn't screw family and that's exactly what she's doing to you. It may be time to wash your hands of the entire situation and see what happens when she passes. I have certain family members that I have cut off and no longer speak to.

Oh you're at the crossroads of hell and rough seas pal. You won't get anyone off their @ss and you definitely don't want to be co-owner with some freeloading crackheaded loser who will most surely be involved with the authorities sooner or later, and with you on the title of his sleaze pad. Get whatever you can out of this enabling mother for your share and disown the loser sibling and his pot infested roach motel.

There, I knew I could water that down from how bad it really is if I tried. 😁
He has t been in trouble with the law. It’s been 40 years. It’s just the laziness and entitlement.

You need to have an honest conversation about it with her. I would absolutely walk away from having to pay half and someone else gets the other half for nothing.

As much as I hate to be this way family doesn't screw family and that's exactly what she's doing to you. It may be time to wash your hands of the entire situation and see what happens when she passes. I have certain family members that I have cut off and no longer speak to.
We’ve a;ready said no to that deal. Our counter was 100% purchase and jr. would be expected to get off his ass. She was onboard and asked for help. She said he,was verbally abusive and emotional abusive to her. Wanted him to stop using pot and get a job. We we’re supposed to have an intervention, etc.

then she backed down

this guy even “borrowed” a grand from my daughter and only paid back 400. Loser

what will happen is,daughter inherits a delapitated cabin when she’s in her 50’s. She’s already stated she will Not pay his share and will sell

Last edited:
100% or walk away. Learning that its on leased land makes it even more of a walkaway. No way would i buy something on leased land. You would pay 100k to have 100% ownership of something you can't own???? No way.
That’s how it works in Canada.

Buy another cabin down the road. Let bil and mom work that out.
That’s my plan. Move provinces and just rent a cabin. I’m not a believer in owning cabins.
just need to figure out how to be diplomatic about it.

Also a very,good point, thus the move to another province. Far away from the drama

This sure says a lot about you.

Bye.
Explain

just telling it like it is. Your response,says lots about you. Tough guy, lol. Keyboard warrior tough guy.

run along and play video.games. Goof

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back