Dodge Challenger 6.4 Scat Pack rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 901Memphis
Originally Posted By: oldhp
Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Solution: buy the appropriate oil and filter every 6 months to establish a paper trail.

Then, you can 1) return it 2) stockpile it for the End Times 3) use it in another vehicle.

another +1

Yep, I agree.

Yep, that'll work. Or you could follow the OM and change the oil twice a year, not a big deal.

BTW- Nice car!

Originally Posted By: hal26
Zero Debt - Sold off 4 motorcycles,a Mercedes and a Corvette to get the herd down to a manageable level. I prefer riding a bike instead of a car every day if possible.. New knee forced me to get a bigger car. Low miles? Nice to take out a spotless nearly new car on perfect days for years to come. My 8 year old Vette had only 12K on it when I sold it and it brought Big Bux because of it. Insurance is way cheaper under 5K miles a year as well. Did I mention that it requires premium fuel and averages 15 MPG? The tires seem to go up in smoke at the slightest provocation as well. Well worth it if used in moderation. Glad I didn't get a 707 HP Hellcat! Being old is a drag but at least you have toys to help you endure it.

What an awful predicament to be in. I'm glad I'm not in your shoes.

If they void the warranty for using mobil 1 or castrol 0w40 then they are asking for a lawsuit.

There's plenty out there that would love that case.

I've used mobil I EP 0w20 in my hemi and it's been great.

Last edited:
Not lying, all you do is show the receipts for stuff you bought. If the dealer comes to the wrong conclusion...

I gave options. The OP could use the barely used oil as what we've called "Mobil 2" (Reused Mobil 1, and yes I know it's not Mobil 1...) giving his garage queen an oil change every 6 months and not wasting the perfectly good oil.

Or he could just stock pile it and the burden of proof is on the dealer that he didn't change it and that the oil caused any problems.

Originally Posted By: BeerCan
So a lot of peoples solution is to lie and deceive? Wow.

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Not lying, all you do is show the receipts for stuff you bought. If the dealer comes to the wrong conclusion...

I gave options. The OP could use the barely used oil as what we've called "Mobil 2" (Reused Mobil 1, and yes I know it's not Mobil 1...) giving his garage queen an oil change every 6 months and not wasting the perfectly good oil.

Or he could just stock pile it and the burden of proof is on the dealer that he didn't change it and that the oil caused any problems.

Originally Posted By: BeerCan
So a lot of peoples solution is to lie and deceive? Wow.

That is why I also included the word deceive.

It comes down to how important is your warranty. Spending $75 every 6 months is cheap insurance to make sure your engine is covered as they are not cheap. I believe that these 6.4's occasionally break a rocker arm. I would just drive it more so you can more easily justify spending that $75.

Wayne

Shucks folks I didn't mean to get stir up a this much excitement! Out here in our little community just about every geezer in the hood has at least one garage queen. My next door neighbor has a Tesla P90 that never sees the light of day. The guy across the street has an SL600 and my neighbor on the other side of me has the little SL. Lots of classic car collectors in the hood as well. I suppose I'll stock up on receipts but I'm not gonna dump new lube every 6 months,no way. Wasteful.... I also always clean my plate and use coupons. I'm a tight old blankety-blank and that is just how it is. We have so many cool cars out here that the neighborhood has a group called The Steering Wheels that puts on a car show at our lakeside park every year --I LOVE this Car--Wild stock exhaust that will make your hair stand on end!!!

Last edited:
Gotta have receipts for oil and filter and reset OLM every 6 months just to be safe.

NO DUST on this Car,California Dusters hanging on the wall right beside it. One for the exterior and a smaller one for the interior!

How do you think I got the money for it in the first place? Waste not,want not. I do all my own maintenance. I have heard that some dealers charge up to $150 to change oil in one of these along with free door dings,greasy finger prints and complimentary burnouts. I know,I have worked at several dealerships. You would not believe the way a fast car is often treated....No valet parking mode.

It's a nice car for sure. I have toyed with the idea of getting one, but I think I am going to go 1970 instead. Used to own a road runner clone with a 440 and air grabber that I loved. Had to sell it to pay the tax man, sad day for me.

Around $50 if it is nearly empty. 18.5 gallons and Premium runs $2.60 around here for Shell.

So $50 for fuel that lasts a few hours, but $75 oil that lasts 6 months is $$ ?

Hmmm.

High performance machine.

If you want to keep the warranty you got to pay to play.

Last edited:
You should drive it more. I would be happy to help put some miles on it for you, if you lived close.

I have never owned a vehicle that I put so few miles on, that it didn't need a 6 month OCI.

In short.......You are doing it wrong!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back