Do they not make window tint you can see out of at night?

They make one way window screens for houses, why don't they make window tint that you can see out of at night time? I have to roll with the windows down at night which means no ac either.

I have 5% and don’t have to roll my windows down. How dark is your tint? Do you need glasses maybe?

I have 5% and don’t have to roll my windows down. How dark is your tint? Do you need glasses maybe?
I have contacts. I can see out of the windshield, just not through the side windows. I mean you can it's just not really safe imo. I'm pretty sure it's 5 percent all around excluding the windshield of course

I have contacts. I can see out of the windshield, just not through the side windows. I mean you can it's just not really safe imo. I'm pretty sure it's 5 percent all around excluding the windshield of course
I have the same, 5 all the way around except windshield. Are you new to the tint? It takes getting used to.

I’ve had 5% for about 20years now and haven’t rolled a window down to see better in many of those years and I’ve only ran over a handful of pedestrians.

I have the same, 5 all the way around except windshield. Are you new to the tint? It takes getting used to.

I’ve had 5% for about 20years now and haven’t rolled a window down to see better in many of those years and I’ve only ran over a handful of pedestrians.
Looks like they make ceramic tint that fixes this problem. I tow trailers and you can't drive around not being able to see the trailer back there. This truck is new to me, so I'd assume it's got some el cheapo tint

Mirror film, you can see out but not in… until night time. It will definitely draw attention if put on a vehicle due to how reflective it is.

5% is ridiculously dark though… our 300 had 5% on the back windows when we bought it and same problem, almost impossible seeing out of it at night. Had it ripped off and replaced with 20%, much much better.

Mirror film, you can see out but not in… until night time. It will definitely draw attention if put on a vehicle due to how reflective it is.

5% is ridiculously dark though… our 300 had 5% on the back windows when we bought it and same problem, almost impossible seeing out of it at night. Had it ripped off and replaced with 20%, much much better.
My other truck is supposed to have 25 percent IIRC which is the legal limit, but honestly to me it's not much different than just not having any at all. I almost question if the guy was out at the time and just gave me what he had.

I bought a used truck that had tint on the front door windows. I hated that stuff. I didn’t keep the truck very long, for other reasons. I won’t have the windows tinted after buying a vehicle. I would rather have it as it came from the factory.

You didn't state your age, weather conditions, moon phase (ambient light) or rural setting, this does not sound like a long-term observation and I can't cite the study (but I think the material may have come from a "55 Alive" State Farm Car Insurance class), but one eighth the retinal sensitivity at age 58 years than at 18 years of age. And are you talking 5% transmission? Ray Ban G-15 sunglass lenses are 15% transmission. Would you wear Ray Ban G-15 sunglasses during a new moon, on a cloudy night, away from city lights in a convertible with the windows down?

Just get rid of it. Is 5% even legal where you live? Those of us over the age of about 25 remember when they used to enforce tint laws. Apparently not anymore based on some of the cars I see around where I live.
It was just last year that VA made tint not a "primary pull" reason. Since then, the black spray painted window car population has exploded, even tinting the windshields now.

Looks like they make ceramic tint that fixes this problem. I tow trailers and you can't drive around not being able to see the trailer back there. This truck is new to me, so I'd assume it's got some el cheapo tint
That could be it. I’ve always used well regarded shops and spring for the ceramic.

The other issue is the truck has 5 percent on the back wondow. You can't even see out the back window in the rear view mirrow.

20190615_173405.jpg

This is legal ceramic tint. No issues seeing out at might.

What percentage? Can you tell if it's ceramic?
This was installed at a shop Mercedes uses. No, you can't tell by looking at it that it's ceramic. I trust the installer put on the correct material.
As far as numbers go, I get confused. Dealership called this 35%. So I assume it's a different numbering system.
The important thing to me was that it is a legal tint.

Back