Do they not make window tint you can see out of at night?

They make one way window screens for houses, why don't they make window tint that you can see out of at night time? I have to roll with the windows down at night which means no ac either.
Hi I have 15% on all windows except windshield, (stay away from doing the windshield if you can) and have no problem seeing at night, do you know someone with tinted glass you can go with at night.

What percentage? Can you tell if it's ceramic? My other truck is 25 percent and it's been on those windows for probably 12 years with no issues. The only time I have issues not seeing is out on country back roads
Here, maybe this will help:
Tint.jpg

Mirror film
That's illegal in Ohio and I suspect it would get you stopped if you have it. Dark tint is one thing - kinds depends on the circumstance but generally police aren't too picky about tint. Mirror tint would be a different story and I've seen exactly (1) car on the road ever with it.

Is it hard to remove? I'd like to remove just the front, they did a crappy job on this tint job anyways. Do you use a heat gun or something to facilitate removal?

I've never had issues with tint down to 5%, other than occasionally needing to roll the side windows down at night (if in a rural area with no streetlights) when backing up in tight quarters. Only really bothersome to me if it's raining, for obvious reasons. This is probably one of those issues that varies greatly from person to person.

Maybe swap windows with someone who wants tint?

Personally love the stuff on other cars. Since I can't see a nod, a wave, or eye contact, I just assume they are giving me the right of way every time.

Luckily, I can't see when they give me the finger, either.

I see cars with tinted windows that are peeling off. How many years does the tint last? What if you ding the tint or scratch it with your finger nails (ladies for example) car keys or the seat belt hitting it as mine does once in a while when I release the seat belt.
Can you easily remove the tint if its causing issues?

Maybe swap windows with someone who wants tint?

Personally love the stuff on other cars. Since I can't see a nod, a wave, or eye contact, I just assume they are giving me the right of way every time.

Luckily, I can't see when they give me the finger, either.
swap windows? lmao. I don't think that would be worth the hassle.

My preference is 30-35% on driver/front passenger as well as rear window, and 5% on others (or whatever is stock on SUV's).
I had 20% on a rear window once and got tired of not being able to see out of it at night so had it switched to 35% and was much better.

My wife has night vision issues, so her vehicles get 50% on the front windows, and all her vehicles come with factory tint on other windows (which she feels is a bit dark, but doable for her, and rear view camera helps a lot with that). There are 70% tints out now with better heat blockage now days, and if we ever get another vehicle for her, I will probably do that.

My son got 5% on all windows (except windshield) and within a month was pulled over and received a ticket for the tint.
He had the tint taken off the front windows and replaced with 30%. He admits it makes no difference in heat, and he can see better at night out of it. But it is "not as cool looking" as his 5%.

My preference is 30-35% on driver/front passenger as well as rear window, and 5% on others (or whatever is stock on SUV's).
I had 20% on a rear window once and got tired of not being able to see out of it at night so had it switched to 35% and was much better.

My wife has night vision issues, so her vehicles get 50% on the front windows, and all her vehicles come with factory tint on other windows (which she feels is a bit dark, but doable for her, and rear view camera helps a lot with that). There are 70% tints out now with better heat blockage now days, and if we ever get another vehicle for her, I will probably do that.

My son got 5% on all windows (except windshield) and within a month was pulled over and received a ticket for the tint.
He had the tint taken off the front windows and replaced with 30%. He admits it makes no difference in heat, and he can see better at night out of it. But it is "not as cool looking" as his 5%.
It's nice during the day time, I don't have to wear sunglasses with 5 percent tint. Even the cops don't have tinted windows at night. During the day they usually have blacked out windows. I guess they have night shift and day shift vehicles.

Okay, so I decided to just yank the tint off completely and while doing so, it looks like I only pulled off one layer because it still had tint under that initial layer. Now with that being said, it actually came off really easy, but then the adhesive made it so the window wouldn't roll down smoothly, so I took some simple green and ruined that over it and fixed that issue. The adhesive actually cleared up by itself. It was all foggy when I first pulled it off and I after going back in the house for 30 minutes to research this it cleared up🤣 Anyways, the tint is still pretty dark but not nearly as dark. Guess I'll see how this stuff works. Maybe I can save $200 here. I was just trying to save them from charging me to remove the old stuff.

Is it hard to remove? I'd like to remove just the front, they did a crappy job on this tint job anyways. Do you use a heat gun or something to facilitate removal?
I see you already did it but I've used the product intended just for this. Basically you spray, let it soak, and start pulling it off.

It's sold at most auto parts stores.

I see you already did it but I've used the product intended just for this. Basically you spray, let it soak, and start pulling it off.

It's sold at most auto parts stores.
Yeah i saw that stuff. I just grabbed the corner of it with my finger nail and it came right off in two big pieces. My issue was the window didn't go down smooth afterwards, it was catching on the adhesive I guess. The simple green took care of it luckily, I didn't really want to spend $9 on another type of spray that's going to get used once every two years.

Keep in mind I don't know anything about window tint, but the tint that was under the stuff I took off seems to be the perfect shade, so I'm a happy camper.

Back