Black is the silliest car color - prove me wrong

So. I get that when super clean and under certain angle black can look superb. But. Under most conditions, a black car looks like a black hole, void, or a blob

Black hides all of the lines/complex stamping and turns a cars silhouette into a said black blob, hole, void.

Just the other day I saw a new(er) Audi RS6 Avant - $122k starting price - on the freeway. I could tell it was something serious from afar, but because the car was black and tinted I could only make out what it is, and kind of, sort of see it’s nice curves, complex stampings only when I got up close. Even then barely. It was just a big black blob…

Then, half an hour later I saw the same car but in lighter color, and what a difference it makes. Like a beautiful woman in a form fitting cocktail dress, or sportswear instead of wearing russian grandma style THICK fleece jacket that hides everything.

I have observed the same effect with other cars too. Black just sucks on good looking cars, as it makes them …. Well, you already know what I think.

So, although owners of black cars might think they look sharp driving a black car, with tinted windows and black wheels (worst case scenario) in reality they are invisible to others the way a black hole is.

Why buy a good looking car and then negate its looks by choosing it in black?

P.S. “your money your choice” blah-blah-blah. I’m not saying you are not allowed to own a black car, I merely question adequacy of such a decision on a good looking cars
You want crazy? Look up Vanta black. A shop on YouTube painted a car this color. Vanta black supposedly absorbs 99.9% of light. I did see a flat black Lamborghini Urus this morning it looks odd with that color.

I agree, but, when the red one is $2000 more than the identical black one, I bought black.

2nd black car ever. I had to get over having a perfectly clean car. The worst is leaving a car wash to later find water spots from water that blew out of the mirror. I only use touch less washes and spray in wax.

The dark green one I had before it wasn’t much different, but didn’t like as bad with a touch of dirt.

Silver is my preferred color for sure. My wife’s van looks decent even after gravel road trips.

Black is good for touch up paint as it hides the blobs.

Looks good on premium cars. However does not sit well on econoboxes.

With every hairline scratch my black escalade accrues the more wish i would've gotten another silver suv instead of being different. Had a black ford, don't know why i made myself forget the trouble it was.

VW's Haberno Orange that was once available on the Tiguan is pretty silly

1692812393620.jpg

Back