Collision Mitigation System!??

Following too close. These systems cannot make up for bad decision making by the driver.
For giggles since you have the manual open, did you see the numerous exceptions to the system such as if driving on a sunny day, glare might cause phantom activations etc?

Here we with the worn out "no one drives as good as I" :rolleyes::rolleyes:
Hint you are firmly wrong. After 60 years of driving one minor fender bender that was my fault 35 years ago. I would guess I am as good as you and I have difficulty understanding why some folks feel like you.:unsure:
Please point out to me where I made said statement that I was the best of the best?
I found the vibrations, buzzing, warnings distracting and taking away from the driving experience. It was honda loaner and I wasn't going to invest the time to learn how to turn off. Maybe there is a large market for folks who are busy on their phones that need a poke, not this guy.

For giggles since you have the manual open, did you see the numerous exceptions to the system such as if driving on a sunny day, glare might cause phantom activations etc?

I did. The message there is to not rely on the system to stop you. Picket fences are a great example.

I have had false alerts on these systems mainly with the blind spot warning. If you are in a double or triple turn lane they could activate. Now if you have the intervention turned on then that could be serious. I turned mine off.

Back