Your Carwash Place; how much?

I would not even call them brushes anymore..They are more like strings of felt....not the old bristle brush type from years ago...
Exactly...but it seems Texas in the "twilight zone" with new carwash technology apparently-or people don't look close enough to tell that the brushes are actually a felt type material.

Reactions: hrv
We have 2 subscriptions. The reason is I wanted to be able to wash in the winter. I’ve wondered if my 1998 Maxima had a below avg body for rust since I didn’t care that much about washing in the winter.

The one in PA is basic and was $16/mo, but now $21.

The one in Nj is $27/mo but is the middle wash that has undercarriage etc.

It’s not truly worth it, but divide the above by 4 to get the per wash cost. Maybe some months we can do 6-8, but not often…

I can’t physically wash the car so I leave it up to the person cleaning my place. Comes out a lot better using my garage and my supplies. 🤷‍♂️

HOA's have rules against car washing???
Some do- our townhouse association says it's OK but forbids doing any work on your cars, and the garages must be used for parking- not used as a garbage dump. Everyone here is pretty chill and doesn't say anything about it as there are a few residents that do work on their cars.. As far as I know living here for 9 years I haven't heard of any complaints.

Just as a FYI, or maybe a How-to the way I do car washing in the rain, normally I only do this in warm weather since I am going to get wet. Wear a raincoat and bathing suit, and shoes that can get wet (like the type you wear to the beach to keep from burning your feet). Then go out to the car with your wet soapy sponge and pail of soapy water. The results are usually pretty good, but it's easy enough to miss spots, and you aren't doing the wheels or lower parts of the car this way. It's really a low effort way to do a partial wash with good water that's not going to leave hard water marks. Check the weather radar before starting!

Hard water makes a lot of home washes not very easy

It’s also extremely time consuming to hand wash vehicles.

At certain points in one’s life time is more valuable than money. Rather run the car through the wash on the way to work add a couple mins to commute and never have to deal with that crap at night morning or weekend in the driveway

Giving Moneyoenny a bath costs me only $5 because she's petite. Hosing Abe down requires $8 and a lot more walking. Pressure wand only. I hand wash with sponges and other antiquated methods once a month. I myself shower twice daily plus after swimming/surfing/as needed. Full disclosure!

Last edited:
I pay $40/month for unlimited number of washes. Because the car sits outside, I run the car through once a week. Comes out to $10/wash for the highest priced $26 wash. The self-serve vacuums are free provided you get a wash at the same time.

Because the car sits outside, I like the underbody spray - it gets rid of all the spider webs and tree debris that accumulates. Yeah, was built on ant vs. spider world.

I don't know if unlimited applies only to a single car or different ones. I'll have to ask next time.

I paid $29 for interior and exterior today, because I'm unable to do it myself at this time. They didn't even vacuum under the mats like they offer in this package versus $21, where they don't. They did remember to stop at the exit right next to the TIP box though.

Back