Your Carwash Place; how much?

hi BITOG community

this morning i went to the carwash place closest to my residence that has two plans for washing the car, one that is random and another one for a monthly fee; it normally charges a $10 fee in the past but this morning was $12 for one time washing and vacuuming; after they bump the price 20% i wont be going back anymore

So how much are you paying in your area?

side note: I rarely pay attention what other people people drive; however, i could not pass up but to spot that from 17 cars at the carwash place, only two were Accords, mine and another one with lower $$$ value cars, while the rest were, i'd guess easily $50K cars on average, trucks and midsize or full size SUVs, few premium vehicles too

it got me for a moment, how much people are shelling for their cars and i was thinking none of those cars pretty much will be paid in full down the road, only to be traded in for the most part o_O

$130 with my discount card to wash truck and trailer, brighten aluminum on truck and trailer and hot wax on the truck. $115 if I do all that but brighten the tractor-I only do it every 3-4 months. Just went through the truck wash Friday.

Attachments

• D7BB618D-F88B-4094-A1A4-E622EE82A178.jpeg
    D7BB618D-F88B-4094-A1A4-E622EE82A178.jpeg
    180.8 KB · Views: 58
My dealership has a car wash. I haven’t been over there in awhile but for the basic wash it’s like $6 it’s just spray and soap. The next package is like $15 that includes more and then $20 for the premium one. We don’t get any discount there and I prefer just to wash my cars at home plus I don’t want to drive 30 miles to wash my car lol. Vacuums are free with all washes they have it blocked off to where it’s one way so you can’t just go vacuum your car for free. The car wash doesn’t even do a good job it leaves half the bugs and everything else on there. And it likes to damage peoples mirrors and stuff which we have to fix all the time so I just avoid it.

The only reason why I use a car wash place is because I own a dealership and they're doing a ton of construction across the street.

It used to be just under $5 with my commercial account. Now it's $7. The company has two locations near my area. The one nearby hasn't been given a plug nickel of investment since 2018 and the other one is good but can soak up a good thirty minutes due to the commute.

If I didn't own a dealership, I would never use a car wash.

I get the $10.00 wash here. It should be noted that the wash doesn't include "undercarriage" so in the wintertime I need to buy the next expensive wash for underneath. I think it's $14.00 or so.

I hand wash my cars. No swirls or harsh chemicals here.

I use NuFinish as my go to Polish. I can go through the car washes for 6 months (plus) and still have water beading. I can't make a staement if the chemicals are harsh or not-but if they are the NuFinish stands up to them. Oh-an no swirl marks.

Ours was $6 maybe 5 years ago and I could do that whenever I didn't feel like washing it myself. The price creeped up to $8 and then last winter the basic wash went up to $10. My income has not gone up 75% in 5 years so I haven't been back and won't go back until its bitter cold and it's worth that price to get the road salt washed off.

Local car wash is 8 dollars for basic wash -- 10 dollars for undercarriage and blow dry -- 12 dollars for the Armor all special. Only use the car wash in the winter time -- normally hand wash at home first thing in the morning before it gets warm/hot on a weekend.

I have no issue with paying for a car wash but I typically end up doing just as much work to get everything these car washes miss. I like my jambs clean also. If you can get your clothes dirty brushing against your door jambs your car ain’t clean. Unless it’s windy and terribly cold I wash my cars myself. Do I enjoy it? No, but at least it’s clean and all of my investment is car soap, bug & tar remover, and glass cleaner for inside glass. My shop vacuum does better than the car wash vacuums.

It's so variable. There's still a $3 wash near my office. A lot of the bigger volume ones are up to $5 now. I did an automatic (no touch) $8 one last night and my choices ranged from $8 to $22.

The crappy one is $11 for basic + undercarriage. The good one is $16. I wish I could pay $3 someplace just to drive over an undercarriage wash in the winter. Other seasons I wash at home, and rarely lol.

Reactions: CKN
I pay $56/mn for 2 vehicles unlimited wash. Includes undercarriage, ceramic coating/sealant, tire shine and a couple other things. Plus free vacuums. Didn't use this prior to last year but like it so far and I don't have to hand wash and wax anything. Keeping the salt off the cars in the winter is valuable for us.

Back