How much “extra” does your dealer try to charge?

Negotiate out the door pricing and avoid the headache. I don't really care how the invoice is structured, as long as the bottom-line price is what we agreed to.
That’s exactly how I negotiate; I don’t care how the numbers are broken out as long as the final number is agreeable. One BITOG member stated in another thread that one dealer he was talking with wouldn’t negotiate an OTD price- if that was the case I would walk.

That’s exactly how I negotiate; I don’t care how the numbers are broken out as long as the final number is agreeable. One BITOG member stated in another thread that one dealer he was talking with wouldn’t negotiate an OTD price- if that was the case I would walk.

That's my test for how easy a dealer is to work with. They all have a click here for pricing button on their website, if they are difficult and won't provide a price over email it won't get any better when you show up in person. My success rate with pricing over email is about 50%.

One certain deal breaker for me is installation of one of those moronic brake light flashers. I won’t buy a car with one no matter how great a deal I’m offered.

Especially since the brake light circuit in all modern cars is controlled by the BCM. hacking one of these dorky things in can't be good.

That's my test for how easy a dealer is to work with. They all have a click here for pricing button on their website, if they are difficult and won't provide a price over email it won't get any better when you show up in person. My success rate with pricing over email is about 50%.
100% - email or take a hike. To be fair, I get why they don't send out complete best-deal itemized break-outs for someone that just emails them. I go test drive cars. When I'm done and I've chosen what I want. I email the salesman back that I dealt with. Almost always is successful.

I worked at a dealer and while my store wasn't hesitant to quote a price I understand that some stores don't want to give a price over the phone or by email because they think the customer will then shop that number to other dealers. That said, don't put a "Click for your price!" button on your site if you aren't going to give a price.

Back