Changing Oil Manufacturers Regularly Cause Harm?

Maybe it also “gets rubber” on the 2-3 shift now … and not just the 1-2 shift … 😷
This is a good site with a lot of real good info in some sense but proves we can now ultimately do so more much "research" in today's world and know less than when we started.

I've always been privey to Liqui Moly because their product labeling is so confusing and yet specific I feel as if the extra money I'm spending absolutely must be resulting in a guarantee of at least 400K on an untouched engine and no oil leaks for that entire duration.

A bit of the point is that we tended to think the net and all the possible info would make us smarter and it has had the opposite effect. Similar to politics really in some sense. We can read 5 minutes and become an expert on any issue, make anything simple complicated and make the complicated simple.
This is a good site, the intention good and some real good stuff if we read deep enough and more than specifics can get the general concepts or ideas but some of the end result is as much or more nonsense than I ever heard about oil in the last 50 years of doing this work.

I don't know anyone personally here and my comments really not particularly personal attacks but I looked in here 10 years ago, maybe more. I read many of the articles and a few of the threads but the general education doesn't have seemed to have went very far while the posts have went 10x with about 1 in 10 making much real sense.
Seems the more we learn about oil the less we know about cars. It's not limited to this forum, take a look at TBN and what oil should I use and is this a good oil, will it make my tractor I use 50 hrs a year last forever. Answer is,,,,,,, I change mine every year and do it before it expires from use by date on the bottle cause it gets water in it from sitting on the shelf.
What can be said that makes sense of it? A study in early years was supposed to be blind about 3500 vs 7k changes and some brands in NYC cabs, to re 150 engines apart and couldn't tell the difference. A study with 100 engines seeing 4000k hrs a year in a feed lot or JB Hunt trucks not shut down for weeks on end with 2 drivers may be substantive but Joe with 5k in a newer car with a couple changes doesn't mean much.

Instead of being po might take this as a bit of learning opportunity. Not that I take that advice well either but when I have got past it found I got some good help from net guys.
Had this recent experience myself where i was tempted to say Foff but guy was an expert and come back and help me understand with good solution.

Having said that our own experience over decades has brought us to some conclusions which are similar to mfg as it moves on. While it's TRUE there are some problematic engines for every one there are 99+ that can go 3x oci and not know the difference and oil has got so much better especially with older engines. Got several upgrades during the life of the vehicle even with common cars. Was SL when we got it, now SN or better.
Same for some diesels, made in the 70s and call for 100/150 changes and now we running 700 hrs with samples reading at 50% and dilution the same with short as long changes.
I am not a fan of no change but we never stop for oil service and do change our small engines when they in for other work. Had a Vangard in a while back I look at the record as I could see thru it on dipstick, 415 hrs and look like it just came out of the bottle. Almost felt guilty for changing it but it was out and getting shoved back in the truck.

Back