Changing Oil Manufacturers Regularly Cause Harm?

I have only used Mobil1 & Mobil1 EP exclusively for 30 years.
Great longevity with each vehicle over 300K - 400K miles using the oil and good maintenance.
-Is there danger to those whom purchase several oil varieties because they are on sale, swapping brands regularly, long intervals?

As long as it's full synth API certified, change away. Your car won't know the difference. A vehicle with 300k miles and no known problems is consistent with an owner who knows what he's doing. And you gotta WICKED COOL NAME!!!:ROFLMAO:

I have only used Mobil1 & Mobil1 EP exclusively for 30 years.
Great longevity with each vehicle over 300K - 400K miles using the oil and good maintenance.
-Is there danger to those whom purchase several oil varieties because they are on sale, swapping brands regularly, long intervals?
No.

As long as it's full synth API certified, change away. Your car won't know the difference. A vehicle with 300k miles and no known problems is consistent with an owner who knows what he's doing. And you gotta WICKED COOL NAME!!!:ROFLMAO:
Thank You.

Changing oil brands is not a problem, BUT, say you have a car that runs great and has 300K miles and only been using one brand of oil, why switch it?

No I don't believe so. In fact next month I'll get my OCI done for April. But I could be wrong at 17 years and still 145K's old the Corolla is still short of a half a quart in a six to seven K OCI. You don't suppose one of my pesky Neighbors is sneaking oil it that thing to be screwing with me? :eek:

I have wondered this myself, as I’ve frequently changed brands, always looking for those rebates or what’s on sale. And I usually take my cars to the 200k mile mark and beyond. But I have experienced oil consumption as they get up over 150,000-200,000. So I wonder sometimes if perhaps sticking to just one brand would eliminate that? But I don’t think it would because over the course of that much time and that many miles...whatever brand you’ve using will change their formula several times. Never mind the amount I save on rebates and sale. I haven’t paid more than $2 dollars a quart for name brand synthetic in over five years, thanks to this site always informing me of the latest and greatest sale/rebate.

I see that many on here select the cheapest oil that meets specification. I'm not criticizing that because it seems to work perfectly for them. I don't shop by price on this. My engines cost me a good bit of money and most any oil is cheap in comparison.

Back