attention cheap oil users

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: 93cruiser
The reward is just not there to run a low TBN, low additive mix in my engine. Just me. I can't see it, and I strongly feel for the cost savings, it is not worth running cheap oil.

WHERE ON EARTH are you getting this "data" from ?!?!?

Post some factual info up, already...........

Facts:
1. Name brand oil has a higher TBN, and a higher additive count.
3. Some people can not understand the point I am making, or attempted to.

These are NOT FACTS! They are opinions ONLY!

Please Don't reply back saying it protects the same, it doesn't, and can't with lesser additives.

This just PROVES you have NO GRASP of facts about oil chemistry and science and keep offering up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over your OPINIONS without offering ANY proof that you are right in stating your position.

You can NOT prove it to be true - the info that you are offering.

You can't - - - I know for a fact you can't.

I dare you to show me ONE ~~~ just ONE SAE published white paper that says:
"Brand label A oil that meets API specs SN and GL-5 will protect your engine better than Brand label B oil, that also meets API specs SN and GL-5"

I don't mean an advertisement, or some other "Biased lab research" that "proves" one oil is better than another...
NO - - I mean an honest-to-goodness scientific research paper that is acceptable by the engineering community.

You cannot -
nor will you ever in your lifetime, probably - - -
be able to provide any proof that the sentence that I just bolded and italicized is plausible.

If so - - Since you are so very convinced - - PROVE it.
You can choose the oils for yourself.

Don't bother with your opinions - they mean nothing.
Post up actual facts, not opinions and then "calling them facts".

I have never used Walmart's SuperTech but that isn't my fault because I have never seen it on sale. When the name brand goes on sale it's almost always cheaper than Walmart's SuperTech.

Sorry, I'm a price sensitive consumer and only buy the cheapest oil that meets spec. I don't care if it's store brand, name brand, or boutique brand.

If Walmart wants me to use their SuperTech stuff then they should price their SuperTech more competitively.

Originally Posted By: wemay
^^ SuperTech Synthetic is currently on roleback for $15.XX a jug.

Great point sir
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Linctex

Facts:
1. Name brand oil has a higher TBN, and a higher additive count.
3. Some people can not understand the point I am making, or attempted to.

These are NOT FACTS! They are opinions ONLY!

Please Don't reply back saying it protects the same, it doesn't, and can't with lesser additives.

This just PROVES you have NO GRASP of facts about oil chemistry and science and keep offering up over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over your OPINIONS without offering ANY proof that you are right in stating your position.

You can NOT prove it to be true - the info that you are offering.

You can't - - - I know for a fact you can't.

I dare you to show me ONE ~~~ just ONE SAE published white paper that says:
"Brand label A oil that meets API specs SN and GL-5 will protect your engine better than Brand label B oil, that also meets API specs SN and GL-5"

I don't mean an advertisement, or some other "Biased lab research" that "proves" one oil is better than another...
NO - - I mean an honest-to-goodness scientific research paper that is acceptable by the engineering community.

You cannot -
nor will you ever in your lifetime, probably - - -
be able to provide any proof that the sentence that I just bolded and italicized is plausible.

If so - - Since you are so very convinced - - PROVE it.
You can choose the oils for yourself.

Don't bother with your opinions - they mean nothing.
Post up actual facts, not opinions and then "calling them facts".

It is my opinion running a cheaper oil is a waste of time, and you gain NOTHING but the pennies I've already posted about. I have posted facts. If my opinion does not matter to you, you really wasted your time replying.

The oil I use has better additives than no name, fact.
The oil I use has a better TBN than no name, fact.
The oil I use costs pennies more over time, fact.

You, as a lot of the people here, don't understand the points I made earlier, and that is fine. As I said, I am up for a discussion, but realize trying to have an intelligent conversation with some, well, is painful. If you don't understand my points initially, you can't discuss. The repeating words over and over again was humorous and gave an insight to yourself. Might be time to grow up, but just my opinion.

It is my opinion running a cheaper oil is a waste of time, and you gain NOTHING but the pennies I've already posted about. I have posted facts. If my opinion does not matter to you, you really wasted your time replying.

The oil I use has better additives than no name, fact.
The oil I use has a better TBN than no name, fact.
The oil I use costs pennies more over time, fact.

You, as a lot of the people here, don't understand the points I made earlier, and that is fine. As I said, I am up for a discussion, but realize trying to have an intelligent conversation with some, well, is painful. If you don't understand my points initially, you can't discuss. The repeating words over and over again was humorous and gave an insight to yourself. Might be time to grow up, but just my opinion.

You keep using the word "better" with no definition.
Sure one oil may have more "additives" (again, what are we talking about), and have a higher TBN, but having more additives and a higher TBN does not necessarily make an oil "better" than another, although you may feel better using it.
As said before, 2 identical use engines, one using Mobil 1, one using Supertech (again, names don't really matter, just 2 easy comparisons), same oil change interval, and both will most likely last 200,000+ miles with no oil related issues.
Will there possibly be some differences if the engines were torn down and measured, who knows, maybe, but both lasted the same amount of time, with one costing more with no readily measurable benefit.

Wemay I'm going after that fly with a carpenter's hammer that cost $30... Bigger, heavier and more surface space to hit that fly with
lol.gif

Last edited:
I think it’s a balance, as is everything in life. Sure a particular oil may keep the pistons or valves on a GDI engine a little cleaner, but by how much? Does it really matter? Oil related failures in engines are very rare. For me, I use the cheapest oil that meets my manufacturers specification LL-01.

Originally Posted By: bbhero
Wemay I'm going after that fly with a carpenter's hammer that cost $30... Bigger, heavier and more surface space to hit that fly with
lol.gif

crackmeup2.gif
01.gif

Originally Posted By: wemay
Originally Posted By: bbhero
lol.gif

crackmeup2.gif
01.gif

oh yea, it's hilarious. Whats funny is grown men using emoji's and acting like teenage girls. Again, grow up.

A) I was responding to what Wemay had to say about the flies. Which I thought was funny. So.. I added to that. That was between him and I. B) If you paid any much attention at all... You might actually have noticed that I said I kind of understood where you were coming from in this whole subject. Especially the mathematical part of it. Which even currently as I type this I actually still believe you are making a decent point there. C) So, World Champion if you stopped reacting like a teenager girl and pay attention... And actually understand the concept of two other people kidding around amongst themselves only... Not involving a third party really at all... Then you would actually be not bothered by that. Because it was certainly and positively not meant for or directed towards you. Not at all. Because I agree that could be rather a good bit trifling.

Last edited:
oh yea, it's hilarious. Whats funny is grown men using emoji's and acting like teenage girls. Again, grow up.

opinionated.gif

93cruiser,

Oh come on... just trying to change things up a bit from the redundant attempts by the OP to change the minds of much more informed posters. You understand, don't you? Good! I thought you would. Take care friend. Just one more...
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back