Almost New Mazda CX-9 Billowing Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: element_42
hmm if it was just billowing out of the back acrid white smoke its usually seafoam engine cleaner. oil smoke is darkish blue no white and coolant is steamy cloudy white but if its reeally getting burned

I was thinking about Seafoam/MMO also, but then he said it was a nearly new car. People usually don't use those in new cars, especially not in the way that would cause the white smoke (ie, vacuum injection into the intake manifold).

well i know some dealers do it as part of service to relatively new cars as part of some type of service if its turbo. if it was a cx7 i know why they would clean it cuz if deposits on the intake port, same engine as the mazda speeds. id be surprised if it was the 3.5 duratech

hmm if it was just billowing out of the back acrid white smoke its usually seafoam engine cleaner. oil smoke is darkish blue no white and coolant is steamy cloudy white but if its reeally getting burned

This was what I was getting at. The vehicle in question, CX-7/9, may have been driven by a Mazda tech after a fuel injection cleaning...

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: tonycarguy

I was thinking about Seafoam/MMO also, but then he said it was a nearly new car. People usually don't use those in new cars, especially not in the way that would cause the white smoke (ie, vacuum injection into the intake manifold).

If it was a CX-7, some were serviced after the owners used 87 octane gas which could cause "problems" in the original year 2007 model. The 2008s and 09s CAN use 87-octane gas, though 93 is still recommended...

Originally Posted By: cousincletus
Wow, a Mazda thread that turned into a GM bashing thread. I would have never thought that would happen here.

Just goes to show you have to read every thread, or you'll miss the fun.

Most likely just a turbo seal that went bye-bye if it was indeed a CX-7 instead of a -9. "Infant mortality" of parts does still happen.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: cousincletus
Wow, a Mazda thread that turned into a GM bashing thread. I would have never thought that would happen here.

On this forum? Ha!! That's the norm lately.

I was at the dealer a week or so ago getting some parts. And, there was this 'new' vehicle getting its engine replaced. Went 23k miles without an oil change. If the owner simply topped off the oil, it would still be running.

I see plenty of new cars with issues caused by ignorant drivers. These owners deserve 'voided warranties'.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back