Almost New Mazda CX-9 Billowing Smoke

Status
Not open for further replies.
A company I worked for had excellent luck with a fleet of late 90's - early 2000's 4 cyl S-10s. They were used as installation vehicles for satellite dish installations. Tough little cheap trucks, especially considering the abuse and lack of maintenance they received.

Originally Posted By: river_rat

Warped rotors

That's what happens when you treat the brake pedal like it's an on/off switch, like most Toyota drivers do.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
RIGHT, AND THAT WAS WHAT VEHICLE AND WHEN?

they've all had lemons. are you a sheeple in a camry?

I had 2 GM SUV lemons in a row....now I drive a 4Runner...I'm done with GM as well. Between the defects and GM's reluctance to repair them under warranty and the thousands of dollars I lost in rapid depreciation...I'll not go back. I could list all the problems but it would be a waste of time. GM just has too many problems to even consider giving them a 3rd chance. I had so many good GM vehicles over the years but since about 2000 they have steadily gone downhill. Too bad. But I am afraid to buy another one of their vehicles.

Originally Posted By: brianl703

Warped rotors

That's what happens when you treat the brake pedal like it's an on/off switch, like most Toyota drivers do.

I have 3 Toyotas and don't drive them that way. What do you mean? That is a ridiculous statement.

Originally Posted By: FXjohn
oh by the way...267k miles and running fine.

I'm glad you've had good luck with yours. I'll never buy another GM though. I feel like they stole money from me.

Read my post.

I'll just never buy any major item from a company that is in financial trouble again. If GM comes back and in several years restores their reputation...maybe. But I think I would opt for a Ford or Toyota product first. But won't buy a Ford until they are out of financial trouble. Right now the only auto companies that have the financial ability to support their products correctly are Toyota and Honda.

Originally Posted By: PT1

I have 3 Toyotas and don't drive them that way. What do you mean? That is a ridiculous statement.

There ARE some Toyota drivers somewhere who have a clue how to drive. The rest of them are only driving because there isn't a bus or train for them to use.

Kinda OT, but the other day I ended up riding the brake on my Accord. (don't ask) The warning beeper came on right away, like it would if you left the ebrake on. It sensed having the brake and gas applied at once. That seemed pretty cool, something to deter the two-foot drivers.

There's another something to deter two-foot drivers, it's called a clutch pedal.

LOL. I would agree with that.
I once pulled up beside some guy at a stop light and told him in a friendly way that he should know his brake lights were malfunctioning--on all the time.

Of course the fact is Toyota drivers are obviously and logically, the same as other drivers. No one is telling you to drive a Toyota if you don't want one. Why make sh!t up about the drivers?

We are so off-topic. Sorry.

Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
Originally Posted By: Jonny Z
Typical poor quality of a GM

I thought they are Fords(?)

Don't confuse me with facts. GM sucks.

crackmeup2.gif

That there is right funny!

You didn't mention where the smoke was coming from. If it's from the engine bay then 95% chance they took it to a quick oil change place and they forgot to put the filler cap back on. I know 2 people who had this happen to them.

Originally Posted By: PT1
I'll just never buy any major item from a company that is in financial trouble again. If GM comes back and in several years restores their reputation...maybe. But I think I would opt for a Ford or Toyota product first. But won't buy a Ford until they are out of financial trouble. Right now the only auto companies that have the financial ability to support their products correctly are Toyota and Honda.

WHAT!

Dang dude, have you heard about Toyota losing an unbelieveable amount of money? Besides get the Ford first, it is American.

the do look alike, until you see them next to each other and see how much bigger the 9 is.
I was thinking of trading in my VUE last year and drove a CX-7; the test drive turned me off from that. loud, w/o the acceleration to go along w/ it. that, and bad mpg reported on the mazda forums, and the need for premium gas made me keep my VUE (which, amazing so, is a GM product and has been pretty good for the last 5 years).
I thought of the CX-9 also, but if I could afford to be in that market, I'd sooner get an outlook.

hmm if it was just billowing out of the back acrid white smoke its usually seafoam engine cleaner. oil smoke is darkish blue no white and coolant is steamy cloudy white but if its reeally getting burned

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back