65 to 138 mph ZX-10R

Status
Not open for further replies.
Around 14 seconds in 6th. This is about 4,800 rpm to 10,100 rpm. For comparison this bike will do 0-145 mph (the quarter with me ridin') in about 10 seconds.

Quote:

Around 14 seconds in 6th. This is about 4,800 rpm to 10,100 rpm. For comparison this bike will do 0-145 mph (the quarter with me ridin') in about 10 seconds.

Two downshifts and you no doubt could cut that time in half. (But then it wouldn't be a test of top gear roll on ability. hehe)

The Buell XB9R will do the ton in 4th, so the guy in the video could have shaved 3 to 4 seconds off his 65 to 138 time by downshifting.

At any rate, I hope you see now that an 11 second 65 to 138 top gear roll on is nothing to sneeze at. And this is the 900cc Buell; the 1200cc XB12R is quicker.

Just for laughs when I was riding yesterday I tried a 60 to 80 top gear roll on with my bone stock XL883. Bucking a pretty good headwind on the Interstate it took about 6 seconds.

Unless you guys are using a GPS or radar, then this is all nonsense. Motorcycle speedometers are notoriously inaccurate, often a good 10% optimistic. More if you've messed with the gearing. So if it's reading 138 it's likely that you're really going 124.

Can't we just have fun riding?

This is just data from some magazine. If you need to move, drop it down a few gears.

I have a Sigma on my ZX-10R that is dead accurate up to about 150 mph then is starts reading erraticly. The factory speedo stop reading at 189 mph. For the record, my factory speedo is optomistic by about 7%.

As Rodney Dangerfield said, "Buells don't get no respect." The Harley guys won't claim them as Harleys. The sportbike guys don't think they are a sportbike.

Quote:

As Rodney Dangerfield said, "Buells don't get no respect." The Harley guys won't claim them as Harleys.

Not true over at the XL Forum. A more accurate statement may be "the Big Twin guys won't claim them as Harleys," but then that can sometimes be said about the Sportster, too.

The Buell owners at my local shop have there own rides and don't mix much with the other Harleys. The shop does a great job of making everyone feel welcome though. At demo days I truly feel some of the big bike owners were intimidated the the Buell. Many climbed on them and couldn't get two feet flat on the ground so were afraid to ride them.

I ran my 05 zx10 after reading the previous thread. I couldnt remember the speeds so I did 60-140mph in 6th and timed it with my laptimer. 11.02 seconds.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back