Tires or Brakes? Which to do first?

Agree, but if there is strong vibration in the front, I would replace those...can then rotate back to front if that is your purgative.
The rears are in a little better shape. Might as well just do brakes and tires. Belle tires got a good sale going on until the 27th. Not sure if anyone has used them for tires. I usually go yo discount tire for tires. Bit, they don't have anything crazy going on in terms of a sale

Dude, i live in elgin. I wonder if I can get commercial pricing for parts.
Call him and see he’s a great mechanic and never screwed me or gave bad advice. Once he drove 150 miles to open my Audi that locked while running in my driveway in Wisconsin.Love the guy Corvettes are a nightmare and he lets me help him on my three cars which are all tuned and FI.He has left his comfort zone for me working on my blue tek Mercedes Audi Ram and vette.

Look at it this way. The reason why the seller was willing to accept such a low price was, he knew the buyer would soon have to spend $500 on tires and brakes. So spend it.

If you had paid $6000 on the car, would you be more willing to spend $500 on tires and brakes?
God I think of all the accidents due to bad tread it reminds me of my youth. Michelin cross climate gets my vote mailed in twice

Look at it this way. The reason why the seller was willing to accept such a low price was, he knew the buyer would soon have to spend $500 on tires and brakes. So spend it.

If you had paid $6000 on the car, would you be more willing to spend $500 on tires and brakes?
Closer to 1000 for good tires

Rock Auto rotor and pad kits. Double check your application part numbers.

WAGNER ZD1212VK QuickStop rear kit with rotors and pads and hardware $57.79

WAGNER ZD1293VK QuickStop front kit with rotors and pads and hardware 67.99

Then shop for tires.

Rock Auto rotor and pad kits. Double check your application part numbers.

WAGNER ZD1212VK QuickStop rear kit with rotors and pads and hardware $57.79

WAGNER ZD1293VK QuickStop front kit with rotors and pads and hardware 67.99

Then shop for tires.
I was going to go with the power stop kit.

Alrighty boys, the daily (08 Camry) is due for brakes all the way around and tires. The pads all the way around are at 4mm~ and the tires are at 3/32~ all the way around. The brakes are started to "squeak" when I drive. Assuming it's the pad wear sensor. I drove through all of winter with these tires, Had 0 issues. But, the steering wheel shakes like crazy (kind of like getting a free massage :ROFLMAO: ) when going above 65 MPH. So, I am assuming the tires are out of balance. Not sure if I should do the brakes and roll with the tires or do the tires and roll with the brakes for a bit? The car stops still. I can get brakes all the way around for $186 from Rockauto. Tires mounted and balanced for about $315~ from Belle tires (Ironman brand, Starfire, etc) with rebates, etc that ends in 4 days.
If you can swing it I'd go with a set of Continental tires as 3/32nds is below the minimum.

Two vehicles I bought tires for in the last 2 years and no regrets ignore the dog one zero tread wear!
IMG_0895.jpeg
IMG_2535.jpeg
IMG_1994.jpeg

Got the inspection sheet from work. Tires are at 3/32. Front brakes are at 4MM rear at 3MM. Brakes I could probably wait to do. Tires I could get a couple of months out of it. Just have to wait for a sale. The memorial day sale ends on the 27th. So, there goes that sale. Belle tire has some good deals. Have never brought tires from them though.

1.jpg

Get the Starfire(made by Cooper) or the Ironman tires. In that order too. They have decent reviews. Never heard of Crossmax tires so buyer beware on those.

For brakes check out www.maxbrakes.com, should be around 200 all in. Someone on here recommended them recently as being good quality.
Very much agree on the tires. I've gotten good service out of Starfire tires for a lower cost tire. Any of the imports ending in "max" I've had bad luck with. Supermax being one of them. CrossWIND on the other hand, loved those. I had a set of our 2019 Pathfinder. They were excellent for the price. Quiet, excellent ride, good in the snow and good tread life.

I think it is false economy.
Is it worth to spend $500 to be able to steer and stop regardless if the car was a free or $2500?

Krzyss
Is there a chart how much is head on shoulders is worth? Like you know, as it gets more expensive, survival chances are higher. If instant death, maybe paying $200 more for coma increases chances to live. Now, $300 maybe if accident just cripples one from waist down.
There is also point if vehicle is below $1,000, just die, period. Who cares.

Last edited:
Very much agree on the tires. I've gotten good service out of Starfire tires for a lower cost tire. Any of the imports ending in "max" I've had bad luck with. Supermax being one of them. CrossWIND on the other hand, loved those. I had a set of our 2019 Pathfinder. They were excellent for the price. Quiet, excellent ride, good in the snow and good tread life.
I'm going to go with the Starfire tires from BellTire. Their Memorial Day sale Ends Monday. I won't be able to get tires before Monday. I guess I'll look out for another sale.

Brakes, I can get 5-6 months out of the old ones right now.

Back