2022 Ford Maverick

For a starting price of 21K that seems like a good buy to me. How many hybrids can you buy for that? Add in a small truck bed and its a bargain.

Just saw what the base model looks like. I think it looks cool on the steel wheels. This thing is a potential buy for me in the future.
The price sells it for me
The drivetrains sound familiar
2.5 w/CVT lifted out of Fusion/CMax Hybrid?
The 2.0 Turbo w/8 speed is probably out of new shape Escape/Edge?

My father in law who is 78 and owns a 2008 Silverado v6 base that gets an abysmal 15MPG would be all over this. Occasionally he fills the 8’ bed but mostly has to use a lobster hook he found to fish stuff forward under his tonneau.

This seems like a great truck for commercial purposes where like majority of pickup owners drive around with a load of fresh air. I know you owners have capability the 5-10% time when you need it.

Funny, as a former Ford Pinto owner (first car!), I always assumed that "Pinto" and "Maverick" were the two names that would never get resurrected. Guess it's now only a matter of time before the Pinto comes back as a convertible..

I like this truck a lot, and I find the payload comments hilarious. Around here, 1990's Rangers (and similar sized trucks) comprise about 80% of work trucks I actually see. The Bro-dozers, on the other hand, seem to see less actual "truck duty" than my Golf R.....

The all new Ford Pinto-E all electric sports car; 0 to 60 in 1 second! Top speed over 250 mph; sub-8 second quater mile with trap speed of 190 mph!

The all new Ford Pinto-E all electric sports car; 0 to 60 in 1 second! Top speed over 250 mph; sub-8 second quater mile with trap speed of 190 mph!
"CAN OUTRUN YOUR GAS TANK FIRE!"

I'm seeing a marketing opportunity here...

(I have nothing but good things to say about my Ford Pinto--great 1st car, lots of good memories in it, and it never caught fire).

"CAN OUTRUN YOUR GAS TANK FIRE!"

I'm seeing a marketing opportunity here...

(I have nothing but good things to say about my Ford Pinto--great 1st car, lots of good memories in it, and it never caught fire).
"never caught fire" is a big plus. Ford Pinto for the win! Bring on the Ford Pinto-E

When the Ridgeline first came out I bashed them as not being trucks. Then I came around to the idea that they were good for other people, just not me.

I have to give Ford credit, with the size, not over the appearance, and price, this is the first FWD I might consider for myself. If the reliability is there, it really might be a good daily driver for me. I'm not going to get rid of my old trucks, but I don't want to wear them out either. I'd rather put the miles on one of these things.
Yeah, I have a 98 ranger with about 210k and most of the time its just a commuter vehicle. Im pretty excited to see what this vehicle is all about when it comes out. Almost everything I do with my ranger this will do.

Well, I might not be getting a Maverick now.

I built it online and clicked to reserve with my local dealer. I spec'd it with the 2.5 hybrid and most of the options (lariat, alto blue which costs extra, luxury lariat package, ford 360). Comes to $31,255. The dealer wants $500 non-refundable to place the order. I'm like ok fine. However, then they wanted to charge me an extra $3,100 for their truck prep package (spray in bedliner, tint, nitrogen, wheel locks and some kind of anti theft device). I tell them the spray in bedliner comes in the luxury lariat package from ford. So then they want $1,500 as the costs for the extras and for dealer add on markup over the build price.

I told them I would pass. I'm not going to play that game. I'm going to try another dealer and if they try to do the same, I'll probably write any Ford off my list for a while.
Check out the maverick forums. There is a dealer in philly pennsylvania (chapman ford) offering 4% below msrp. They dont hold any deposit to reserve the maverick and they have a low document fee.

I like it how there are thousands of separate conversations for the Maverick on various forums and no one merges them

Not sure if I could go with those steel wheels though, usually I'm a fan but not sure here.

First “upgrade “ if I end up with one would be 15” or 16” steel rims

Can’t stand 17”+ tires, 16 are bad enough

I drive only RWD trucks today so FWD wouldn’t make much difference

Short cab, bench seat, long box is a must, ideal vehicle was a 50mpg 5mt naturally aspirated diesel rabbit pickup, that was where I hoped this would end up in base trim

No long box is a deal breaker

There are already Maverick forums? There aren't even any on the road yet right?

Maverick chat has been around, interesting “first timer” conversations there, everyone there is the would never own a truck or hybrid until I saw “the Maverick “ it might work for my “insert kid related thing here” / “insert California hobby here”
The rest of the old timers like me are mad it’s not a 5 speed stick longbox naturally aspirated diesel .

Does make me wonder when will the first Maverick delivery occur?

I’m 2-3 years out given the lack of a long box,

"Get your fully loaded version for just $52k!"
You know it's coming.

I’ve grown to like crappy built in nav for “non-cellular “ areas, my guess is to get a $99 navigation screen requires the super mega king ranch allstar Eddie Bauer AWD edition with towing package for $50k preselected though.

The way I placed my reservation was for $28,600. But I've learned it still has a key.

Disqualifier.

Lack of a non-repairable push button start is a big selling point for me, any car with push button start that mildly contacts any scenery is instantly written off because the push button start never works correctly ever again

Last edited:
That would be me too, I'm not a guy who's ever been interested much in a pick up and the Maverick definitely interests me.

All the comments/threads and who they are coming from tells me this is going to be a real hit for Ford if they don't botch it up.

Well, I might not be getting a Maverick now.

I built it online and clicked to reserve with my local dealer. I spec'd it with the 2.5 hybrid and most of the options (lariat, alto blue which costs extra, luxury lariat package, ford 360). Comes to $31,255. The dealer wants $500 non-refundable to place the order. I'm like ok fine. However, then they wanted to charge me an extra $3,100 for their truck prep package (spray in bedliner, tint, nitrogen, wheel locks and some kind of anti theft device). I tell them the spray in bedliner comes in the luxury lariat package from ford. So then they want $1,500 as the costs for the extras and for dealer add on markup over the build price.

I told them I would pass. I'm not going to play that game. I'm going to try another dealer and if they try to do the same, I'll probably write any Ford off my list for a while.
Try Long McArthur Ford in Salina KS> If you finance with them they will ship it free. They sell at sticker. Their Doc fee is $299 and the Internet Sales Manager is very knowledgeable. They even do remote trades.

Last edited:
Back