2022 Ford Maverick

I like the push button start, but if it's a fob with remote start isn't it about the same? Went for a fine quality meal at Keegan's tonight and walked over to Safeway after. Walking out, pulled the fob for the Jeep out, remote started it and hit the button for the power tailgate, grabbed the bags from the cart and walked to the car. If we had a Maverick, would have done the same - remote started it to get the A/C going and unlocked it. Would of had to pull the key back out to drive off, but at that point the bags would already be in the back.
I think it still has a physical key though. I hate digging through my pockets to get out my keys to insert into the ignition. Sounds kinda dumb but I've gotten so used to it. Same with unlocking by pushing the unlock button on the door handle.

The Genesis is in the dealer right now so I'll be slumming it in the Camry for about a week.

I think it still has a physical key though. I hate digging through my pockets to get out my keys to insert into the ignition. Sounds kinda dumb but I've gotten so used to it. Same with unlocking by pushing the unlock button on the door handle.

The Genesis is in the dealer right now so I'll be slumming it in the Camry for about a week.

Live. Laugh. Love. 😂

The Genesis is in the shop, again? Joining us plebes in the Camry, eh? :cool: I haven’t been using my old ‘99 for a few days, finding I really like this auto-up feature on the windows that they invented recently... I should take it out for a spin so it doesn’t feel neglected.

There is no doubt that Ford hit a home run with the Maverick at this time. People have been longing for a small pickup for a while now, and not only does this fit the bill, but does it with a hybrid fuel train that will satisfy those who would never buy a truck like this previously due to fuel economy. At this price point, to boot? Win win win.

I am even thinking of one of these 2-3 years down the road when my current beater will be done for. All my vehicles now have fairly limited space to haul much of anything, so something like this would be perfect.

But my thinking is... If this is super successful, perhaps it won't be long before other automakers (Toyota) follow up. In which, I think I'd prefer to go that route! But time will tell.

I am curious if it will work. Ridgeline didn’t dominate the market, Toyota hasn’t taken over the 1/2T market, Subaru Baja didn’t make a dent. Now Ford is a big player but could this wind up as a swing and a miss? I actually hope they do well and open various options for buyers, more variety is good, so long as they standardize on drivetrains so that parts stay cheap.

Considering truck buyers generally buy what they want, not what they "need", I'm not sure how much it will sell. I think it will definitely grab the attention of the more practical, no thrills a car is a means of transportation from A to B consumer.

Because it looked like an Aztek with a bed ?
Aztec was not a bad looking vehicle. A decade or more ahead of its time.

How about the very popular Chevrolet Avalanche Pickup - That is MUCH uglier than a Aztec with a bed.

Do you recall the Aztec being it marketed on one of the early Survivor series?

2002-05_Pontiac_Aztek.jpg

1st-Chevrolet-Avalanche.jpg

Given that the transaction price will be in the high 20's. for a marginally outfitted front wheel drive unit with
a plastic trash can interior, Ill pass.

Suckers can suck it up.

I paid under 17K out the door for a brand new AWD comfortable and usable compact ute with a nicely finished interior
Bonus is a gem of an engine a good 6 speed automatic.

Now THAT is value.

I guess CAFE killed the real small pickups in the U.S. Too bad and Really Stupid.
Someone should be pilloried.

At around the 1:55 mark he shows how you can load 4x8 sheets of plywood/etc. That was my only real concern and it seems to be a fairly well thought out system.

At around the 1:55 mark he shows how you can load 4x8 sheets of plywood/etc. That was my only real concern and it seems to be a fairly well thought out system.
How often do you do that?
I did watch a bunch of Videos on this vehicle on youtube last night. No Road tests I've seen yet.
I like with the 2x4 crossbars and the tailgate lifted partially it stabilizes the load.
Good thinking here.
If I need a ton of lumber for a home project, I'll take the 25 dollar rental F250 at the Lumbar yard - or get it delivered.

You don't need to suffer the awful comprises of a pickup truck 24/7 for a couple projects a year.

Unless you work it daily for a job - or just like the rugged truck style. Go for it!

The fuel mileage is GOOD. That doesn't hurt me personally as you are not wasting resources.

How about the very popular Chevrolet Avalanche Pickup - That is MUCH uglier than a Aztec with a bed.

View attachment 59999

View attachment 60000
the Aztec was one of the most horrendous looking vehicles of ALL time IMO.

I think the point is, the F-50, aka Maverick, while not for a full truck buyer, fits the bill for many people. Over the years, tons of warshing machines, refridgerators, bikes and other crap will be hauled around. Pops can drive it to work for peanuts. The kid can take it to college. With the double cab, you can leave stuff in the back seat. Gas ain't getting any cheaper, folks. Hey, the VW bug was proudly advertised as ugly and they sold bazillions; owners loved 'em. What about the DIY fix it guy or the guy running a lawn service?
Today my trusty Tundra works for me. If I were 20 again, this would be a great vehicle.
I believe the other companies will follow suit. We'll see.

Reactions: pbm
Most definitely. It looked like three different cars that were put together. The one thing that finishes it was that massive ugly plastic cladding. I remember seeing those get really faded from the sun and elements.

Attachments

• 8735473D-9A28-48AA-9BDC-111216A0CDF2.jpeg
    8735473D-9A28-48AA-9BDC-111216A0CDF2.jpeg
    53.5 KB · Views: 7

View attachment 59999

View attachment 60000
My daughter in law had an Aztek … probably the most under maintained vehicle I ever saw. She loved it and drove it for 13 years … it never had any serious issues … brakes, tires, gasket … transmission never failed …

Back