2022 Ford Maverick

Well, I might not be getting a Maverick now.

I built it online and clicked to reserve with my local dealer. I spec'd it with the 2.5 hybrid and most of the options (lariat, alto blue which costs extra, luxury lariat package, ford 360). Comes to $31,255. The dealer wants $500 non-refundable to place the order. I'm like ok fine. However, then they wanted to charge me an extra $3,100 for their truck prep package (spray in bedliner, tint, nitrogen, wheel locks and some kind of anti theft device). I tell them the spray in bedliner comes in the luxury lariat package from ford. So then they want $1,500 as the costs for the extras and for dealer add on markup over the build price.

I told them I would pass. I'm not going to play that game. I'm going to try another dealer and if they try to do the same, I'll probably write any Ford off my list for a while.
I was afraid of that. Sorry they treated you badly.
I have to believe this is a prime reason the factory direct sales model will prevail.
What you click is what you get; no BS.

I like it... currently have a '97 Ranger 2.3 manual extended cab. I'd take the hybrid version.
I hafta wonder why the don't offer a hybrid AWD drivetrain. They couldn't make 'em fast enough.
Especially here in CA where rag is over $4 per gallon and we drive A LOT!

I would have offered only this one drivetrain and let her rip!

The issue is their ego will not be satisfied unless they have something that looks and sounds like a Freightliner.

I can tell that there is someone getting a new roof in my neighborhood. Several Super Duties that are four feet off the ground, with wheels that are two feet wide, but with tires that only have 6" of sidewall, and covered in cheap chrome, went by my house this morning.

A $70,000 truck, with $10,000 in wheels and tires. Has to be roofers.

Dealers are going to play that game with any new model, especially one getting as much attention as this.

It’s funny that Ford throwing us despairing small Truck guys a meh bone is such a big deal. It’s basically a rebodied car. Just goes to show how pathetic the current auto market offerings really are.

It’s like we had to do it, now your gonna like what we give you and any upcharges we want to dump on.

Delivery fee has always been a joke, let me drive over and pick it up if it’s so expensive.
Prep and ready fee, I can do that myself

I hafta wonder why the don't offer a hybrid AWD drivetrain. They couldn't make 'em fast enough.
Especially here in CA where rag is over $4 per gallon and we drive A LOT!

I would have offered only this one drivetrain and let her rip!

Building a single configuration to reduce cost and increase volume

Sadly those of us who want to order what we want are out of luck

Also worth noting a 4wd mechanical is “usually “ much cheaper than a through the road hybrid AWD system, Ford likely doesn’t want to mess with it.

I would like to see an additional Maverick hybrid option with a slightly bigger battery and plug in capabilities (never happen though)
Although some have hacked plug in functions into other hybrids, likely a long way off unless Ford uses a common hybrid chemistry

Last edited:
Kind of like the original Mustang. It was basically just a rebodied Ford Falcon. And they sold millions of them.
literally. i have absolutely zero problem with an older yet perfectly fine platform being reused to lower cost, decrease development time and future repairs without hardly sacrificing anything.

I can tell that there is someone getting a new roof in my neighborhood. Several Super Duties that are four feet off the ground, with wheels that are two feet wide, but with tires that only have 6" of sidewall, and covered in cheap chrome, went by my house this morning.

A $70,000 truck, with $10,000 in wheels and tires. Has to be roofers.
Hey man, it's bout my bidness image. Lets people know I get the big jerbs. Same reason I always show up at least an hour late to anything.

I've seen Ford 2.5 hybrids in Ford Escapes in NYC taxi service with over 400K miles so I think this engine will probably be very reliable (if it's the MZR derived 2.5 as those taxis were). For the average person who uses their pickup to haul light weight....this should be a good seller....

I think 1 video stated the gas tank is located underneath behind the cab . That should help a bit with traction .

I've been surprised for 20 years that hyundai hasn't made a unibody compact pickup.

NAPA would buy 50,000 compact pickups-- their S10s and Aveos look pretty tired.

The Santa Fe pickup is sort of a joke but yeah you got your wish

Maybe Maverick will get a plug

88C9B2BA-F4CD-4355-B275-A1FD6D94D61A.jpg

Last edited:
I will take a key any day over keylessI’m the opposite. Looks like you have to get the Lariat to get push button start and keyless entry. I think that’s gonna be a disqualifier for me.
I’m the opposite. Looks like you have to get the Lariat version in order to get keyless entry and push button start. I think that’s going to be a disqualifier for me.

The more I look at these, the more I like them. I'm not in the market for a new car, but if I was I'd do the 2.5 XL with inverter, 360, power seat, rear parking sensors, spray in bedliner, tailgate lock and hard trifold cargo cover in carbonized gray.

I like it from what I've seen so far. I've been remodeling my house over the past year and I can't think of anything I've done with my F-150 yet that I couldn't have accomplished with the Maverick. It definitely won't fit the needs of everyone but I think it will sell well. I'm mostly excited to see what competition it brings from other automakers.

The more I look at these, the more I like them. I'm not in the market for a new car, but if I was I'd do the 2.5 XL with inverter, 360, power seat, rear parking sensors, spray in bedliner, tailgate lock and hard trifold cargo cover in carbonized gray.
My reservation was for the XLT in Area 51 color, 2.5L hybrid, Ford Co-Pilot 360, XLT Luxury Package, hard rollup bed cover, and floor liners.

I thought initially with the XLT Luxury Package was push button start but it's just a key fob with remote start I guess.

My reservation was for the XLT in Area 51 color, 2.5L hybrid, Ford Co-Pilot 360, XLT Luxury Package, hard rollup bed cover, and floor liners.

I thought initially with the XLT Luxury Package was push button start but it's just a key fob with remote start I guess.

I like the push button start, but if it's a fob with remote start isn't it about the same? Went for a fine quality meal at Keegan's tonight and walked over to Safeway after. Walking out, pulled the fob for the Jeep out, remote started it and hit the button for the power tailgate, grabbed the bags from the cart and walked to the car. If we had a Maverick, would have done the same - remote started it to get the A/C going and unlocked it. Would of had to pull the key back out to drive off, but at that point the bags would already be in the back.

Back