2022 Ford Maverick

Engines​

Regardless of trim, every Maverick comes standard with a 191-hp hybrid drivetrain using a 2.5-liter four-cylinder gas engine. It uses a continuously variable automatic transmission (CVT). A turbocharged 2.0-liter with an eight-speed automatic is also available and it makes 250 horsepower and 277 pound-feet. Hybrid models are only available with front-wheel drive, but the 2.0-liter can be paired with either front- or all-wheel drive.

I just want to see the ads Ford will run for this.

The Starbucks drive thru is no match for the all new for 2022 Ford Maverick.

Three bags of potting soil? No problem for the all new for 2022 Ford Maverick!

Be daring but safe in the Ford Maverick with the new "now is not the time to be browsing Instagram and looking at girls' butts" distracted driving alert system.

The all new for 2022 Ford Maverick comes with a new rear camera parking mode so you can always ensure that you're parked WAY too far forward when you pull through a parking space. It feels bigger than it looks, if you know what we mean!

For a starting price of 21K that seems like a good buy to me. How many hybrids can you buy for that? Add in a small truck bed and its a bargain.

Just saw what the base model looks like. I think it looks cool on the steel wheels. This thing is a potential buy for me in the future.

I just want to see the ads Ford will run for this.

Three bags of potting soil? No problem for the all new for 2022 Ford Maverick!

with 1500lbs of payload it will hold a little more than 3 bags of potting soil :D

I think of this less of a hard working pickup truck and more of a low cost vehicle with pickup like utility.

Would you rather have a Chevy Trax or a Maverick?

Lots of haters here. I'm a Ford hater myself. But I do like this thing. Wish the hybrid was available with AWD. I'd get it in a heartbeat then. Modern day Subaru Baja, just more efficient and hopefully more reliable. If it does prove to be reliable after they get some age and miles, then I'll snatch one up on the used market in couple years. Or I'll turn my CR-V into a Maverick/Baja... Like this guy did...
FB_IMG_1584224817297.jpg

with 1500lbs of payload it will hold a little more than 3 bags of potting soil :D

I think of this less of a hard working pickup truck and more of a low cost vehicle with pickup like utility.

Would you rather have a Chevy Trax or a Maverick?
I'm just kidding, honestly. If I needed a small pickup this would be at the top of the shopping list especially given the reasonable cost.

If the hybrid actually retails for ~$21k I seriously might even buy one since I don't even need AWD. I hate driving our F250 for things like picking up small loads of lumber or hauling things that are just big enough that they won't fit in one of the cars.

I'm not in love with the front end though.

I wanted to crap on the whole Made in Mexico thing.. but then I thought.. thats better than GM's made in China.

Personally I dont care if they make it in China if they are selling them there.. but to import them back is just a kick in the crotch.

Who would pay $500 extra for made in USA? (I would)

I don't know if I could do FWD only. I mean, 99% of the time it is fine for me, it's that 1% that bugs me, in snow typically. But still, that's how one makes mpg.

Ford indicates 33mpg highway for 37 combined. 13.8 gallon tank. 400 mile range isn't bad.

Not sure if I could go with those steel wheels though, usually I'm a fan but not sure here.
maverick.jpg

Obligatory potting soil pic. Apparently more than 3 fit, lol.
maverick_potting_soil.jpg

If Ford can sell a reliable, utilitarian hybrid at that price point, it'll be a winner. It has the potential to be the next 'everyman's car', the truck version of a Corolla or whatever. I think they won't be able to keep them on the lots. They'll probably have waiting lists for them. Heck, I want one myself (but an EcoBoost AWD model).

$20k for a new vehicle is unheard of nowadays. One with that utility and hybrid drivetrain sounds impossible. Lets hope Ford doesn't have any major issues with it.

I love it. Being able to reach in the bed and grab stuff is nice, the size will fit in my garage and the mpg is good. Like others I'm a little disappointed the hybrid isn't available in AWD like the Rav4 hybrid or other hybrid SUVs like my Outlander that put electric motors in the rear. How quickly can Ford get this out on dealer lot's though is my biggest concern though with the chip shortages and other supply chain issues. I think people are waiting in line for the Bronco still.

Back