07 Tundras

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good Sunday,

Would there be any reason to avoid a 07 Tundra, with the 5.7? Getting some mixed feedback. Other than the normal stuff (Air Injection pump), are there any big ticket items, that would show itself in the mid 100k range?

On another note, as has been noted many times, the market is just nuts. There is a 1st gen Tundra locally with 360k on it, and they are asking 7 grand. LOL.

Good Sunday,

Would there be any reason to avoid a 07 Tundra, with the 5.7? Getting some mixed feedback. Other than the normal stuff (Air Injection pump), are there any big ticket items, that would show itself in the mid 100k range?

On another note, as has been noted many times, the market is just nuts. There is a 1st gen Tundra locally with 360k on it, and they are asking 7 grand. LOL.
If the body checks out (rust) and it runs well, it should likely be ok. Even better if they have receipts from oil changes, tuneups, etc over the years, but the 5.7 is pretty durable.

1st gen prices are super nutty right now. The size was good, but the 2nd gen was really a better truck all around if the looks didn't bother you.

There was an issue with coolant leaks in the valley under the manifold.

cam tower oil Leak is another issue

And valve springs…though it is rare.

167B7F9E-2439-4702-89DC-3FED772E9947.jpg

Appreciate the feedback......

What is a ballpark on these 2 repairs, as well as what The Critic listed ?

Would those likely to have happened already, on a vehicle with 150k on it? Or is it hit/miss?

Thank you.

Would those likely to have happened already, on a vehicle with 150k on it? Or is it hit/miss?

Thank you.
Thousands lol

This is the shortened way of fixing the cam tower leak....not exactly kosher but it sometimes works:

I just had a valley plate leak fixed on a 4.6L Lexus GX 460 very similar engine and expense. At a Toyota dealer here in MO it was 1197$.

I had an 06. Sucker was bulletproof. Later 2 years of the first Gen were good, with the 5spd AT. Mine was a wonderful truck. The TRD suspension would beat you up pretty good on interstate drives, but it was still a good place to be.

Thank you.
I think in both cases they are pretty labor intensive and so they are expensive to fix.

I really don’t know for sure. I have a GX with the 4.6L and it seems to pop up on ones with over 100k.

But since its a Toyota we just pretend it didn’t happen or blame the owner for not replacing the entire cooling system every 5 years as preventative maintenance 😂

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back