What’s important in your relationship?

Open communication is the biggest one. We don't make any decisions alone, everything gets discussed with each other first. Organization is also important to us, not only for our relationship and family dynamic, but for my mental health. Trust and loyalty are important as well though not discussed or concerned as much these days. I think we've established a level of both to a point that we just don't worry about it. We also ensure each of us has "me" time as well as time together. We have a date night, without kids, at least once a month. Every night after we put the kids to bed, we kick back in bed together (double adjustable split king), take in a show or movie, and discuss the how our day went. We also cook together for most dinners.

If any of you have ever played Hearts of Iron IV, you know how the focus tree structure is for each nation? We kinda operate our family that way with specific focuses that must be done in order. We lay out the requirements for each focus and how it will benefit us. It helps us to be organized and focused on a common goal as a family, as well prioritize goals and requirements.

Been w my lover 18 years. She is 20 years younger, she was a professional ballerina 14 years. Fun and crazy and we don"t watch tv or do much other than go out together. She runs 5 miles a day on the beach. Shd does many yoga and dancing classes. We go to bed after dinner and spend a ton of time just in bed together. Going to be with her forever.

Same politics , is non-negotiable. I would go on a few dates perhaps but I wouldn’t want to spend a lifetime with someone with such drastically different views.

I don’t like overbearing gals that want to make every decision. Wants to fill up every minute of Saturday and Sunday with “tasks” or “events to attend”. Wants to argue about everything.

Is willing to communicate their feelings always so that both partners understand each other and how they are feeling.

My current wife and I have been married 48 years now. When she first forced herself on me on 10/31/71 while on a group hike with the university hiking club, I only wanted her to go away since the reason I was there was another girl. However, as the day progressed I found myself wanting to continue to be in her company more and more. By 11/01/71 we were an item and by that Friday I knew for sure she was the one for me.

So, the first thing was friendship. Then there was our common faith (Catholic), conservative outlook, common interests such as hiking and outdoors, and of course the fact that she was (and is) a girl.

So, 52 years, nine kids (two adopted) and 13 grandchildren later we are still friends and lovers. Sometimes interests change, for example my wife is no longer very much into hiking and camping so much. However, still doing the things we both like together and allowing the other to do the things that matter is a big part of it.

Same politics , is non-negotiable. I would go on a few dates perhaps but I wouldn’t want to spend a lifetime with someone with such drastically different views.

I don’t like overbearing gals that want to make every decision. Wants to fill up every minute of Saturday and Sunday with “tasks” or “events to attend”. Wants to argue about everything.

Is willing to communicate their feelings always so that both partners understand each other and how they are feeling.
My son went on a first date - she’s talking plenty about women’s independence - then moved into - uh, let’s say strange territory - he needed a way out and suggested separate checks for dinner - she blows a gasket over that - and date over … 😵‍💫
(he had intended to pay) …

Back