What’s everyone’s favorite bbq sauce and why?

I won't buy any BBQ sauce made with high fructose corn syrup.
This. And several of the brands mentioned here have HFCS. GROSS.

Stubb's is the only larger commercial brand we buy and pork and chicken are the only meats that we sauce for the most part. I like to get good beef and covering the flavor with ANY sauce, seems kind of foreign/odd to me.

I feel the same way with steak. Only time I’ll use A1 is at Outback, Sizzler or with grocery store steak.

I haven't been to a Sizzler in maybe a decade. The one closest to home closed up a few years ago. However, I seem to remember the last time I was at one, they no longer had A1, but some generic house label sauce that mimicked A1.

The one place I have seen A1 is at Five Guys. It's also remarkably good on chicken, but most chicken grown in the US has no flavor.

6a00d83451c75869e20191042c080a970c-800wi

We're partial to Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar. We also found that a lot of Heinz BBQ Sauce flavors are surprisingly good. They don't have a picture of a guy who looks like he'd be REALLY good at making BBQ, just a simple, ketchup-looking label, but they taste pretty good!
I did try the Heinz Carolina version which wasn't to bad but a little sweet for me.

We're partial to Sweet Baby Ray's Hickory and Brown Sugar. We also found that a lot of Heinz BBQ Sauce flavors are surprisingly good. They don't have a picture of a guy who looks like he'd be REALLY good at making BBQ, just a simple, ketchup-looking label, but they taste pretty good!
How's this one taste compared to Sweet Baby Ray's Original?

I make my own. But if I have to purchase bbq sauce then it's stubbs, or a local brand. Not sure how anyone in their right mind can purchase sweet baby Ray's. The first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup, which doesn't belong in bbq sauce.

We came across Tabasco branded BBQ sauces in Arizona on our vacation a few months ago. We looked all over for it when we got back home, but no one carried it out here. Then just a few weeks ago, we found that our local grocery started carrying it. Woohoo! You can also order it on walmart.com.

If you're into spicy BBQ sauce, both of these are REALLY good.

I make my own. But if I have to purchase bbq sauce then it's stubbs, or a local brand. Not sure how anyone in their right mind can purchase sweet baby Ray's. The first ingredient is high fructose corn syrup, which doesn't belong in bbq sauce.

Stubbs tastes like tomato sauce with some spices in it.

Edit - I see I posted this already in this thread a while back lol

Back