Coffee 101 Podcast and Umble Coffee Co.

I know I have some fellow coffee nerds here on the forum, and just wanted to share with y’all about the Coffee 101 podcast, which I've enjoyed listening to over the last couple of months. I'll listen while mowing or washing the vehicles.

Hosted by Kenneth Thomas, founder, owner, and head roaster at Umble Coffee Co. of Starkville, MS, they talk about everything relating to coffee.

Kenneth seems Like a guy who could be a BITOG’er - He’s a chemical engineer and urologist who got interested in specialty coffee a few years ago and started Umble Coffee Co, and then started doing the podcast, I believe, last year. He's also going to be teaching a coffee class for Stanford Univ. And he's a competitive runner, which automatically makes him more relatable for me (I have run competitively in the past).

His oldest daughter, Katie, is the co-host. I think she’s college-age.

Ive started at the beginning, listening to the shows in chronological order, which is what I suggest. He interviews some really interesting people from all corners of the coffee industry.

I also recommend the coffee beans from Umble. I’ve tried the Frontrunner, Upper 90, and Breakaway, and they’re all good (he only sources single-origin coffee beans that score 84 and above). But my favorite is Frontrunner. It’s probably the best medium-roast I’ve ever had.

Back