What's everyone's favorite hot sauce?

Hank’s Sauce I love their Cilhanktro on pizza. Great flavor with a little kick. Made in Sea Isle City.NJ. Have 3-4 different varieties their “camouflage” is definitely spicy.

I also like a traditional wing sauce like Steve and Ed’s or Franks.

Hank’s Sauce I love their Cilhanktro on pizza. Great flavor with a little kick. Made in Sea Isle City.NJ. Have 3-4 different varieties their “camouflage” is definitely spicy.

I also like a traditional wing sauce like Steve and Ed’s or Franks.
The Honey Habanero is good with plenty of heat. They have some more exotic ones too now.
Guy who started it was my son-in-law's college roommate and I think on the surfing team with him too.
They have a small restaurant on Landis Ave. in SIC. Pass it all the time but never ate there. Closed in Winter for sure.

I like Trader Joe's Green Dragon. It's not super spicy, but it's got flavor.

Trader-Joes-Green-Dragon-Hot-Sauce.jpg

Sambal Oelek is mine and my kids go to. We also use Franks Sweet chili when I make chicken pot pie. I have some others that have not been opened yet from Hell's Kitchen.

When at restaurants it is whatever they have unless I plan different but don't normally. Today was Cholula at IHOP for the eggs/hash browns.

Friends and I often brought Tapatio with us when we went for pizza.

I don't have a favorite since i use a different ones for different things. I have 10 or 11 that are always run down before expiring. Though if i had to go about the best universal ones I'd say tabasco is pretty neutral and i love that the ingredient list on the bottle is actually human. The next best is sriracha though i add some white vinegar to it since i like the sweetness but it's too much. Might try Melinda's sauces next.

Tapatio, Cholula and Tabasco are pedestrian and what the unwashed masses have. Eventually, evolution will have them slithering out of the water and onto land.

Valentina, Texas Pete, Trappey's and Red Rooster/Louisiana FTW.

Taco time sauce. It was better back when the company first started though. As a kid I remember the owners saying they made it mild, not that now. Some of us like to taste our food and not have the taste buds melted by stupid hot.

I love anything El Yucateco and usually have all of them on hand. My two faves are the Black Label which I used up in the Frittata today. The Habanero's are smoked and you can really taste it. The brown one is their hottest and my hands down favourite, serious heat and lots of flavour👍💪🌡🌶😋
20230819_143822.jpg

Back