What's everyone's favorite hot sauce?

Resurrecting an older thread here, but I'm getting down to a 1/3 left in the Valentina bottle and thought I'd search to see what you guys like. Think I might try Frank's (their commercials have been bombarding the TV, too) and upon doing a side search, I found that Cholula makes a 64oz container for their Chipotle flavor at a good price on Amazon. $28 vs $3.50+ for 5oz. Very good if you like that flavor!

Resurrecting an older thread here, but I'm getting down to a 1/3 left in the Valentina bottle and thought I'd search to see what you guys like. Think I might try Frank's (their commercials have been bombarding the TV, too) and upon doing a side search, I found that Cholula makes a 64oz container for their Chipotle flavor at a good price on Amazon. $28 vs $3.50+ for 5oz. Very good if you like that flavor!
Advertisements on TV are never a good sign. Franks is nothing but vinegar mixed with powdered pepper and some other stuff-- I don't remember the exact ingredient list, but it's not impressive. Louisiana hot sauce (generic) is similar to Franks IMO.

Cholula I wasn't a big fan of (the Valentina stuff is just as good for much less at Walmart), but their Chipotle flavor is great. I didn't mind spending extra on it. Their green jalapeno sauce is good too.

I still think Tipatio has the best flavor for this type of sauce and the bonus is you can buy it in large containers inexpensively.

Schlotzskys Deli ( closest one to me is a 90 minute drive ) if you have one near has their hot sauce in their restaurants. I used to buy it in pint bottles when we had a Schlotzskys in our town. Hot enough to get one’s attention but not too hot and has a great flavor.

One of my favorites

IMG_0396.jpg

I'm not much of a hot sauce person except on Mexican foods. For example, I don't care for hot wing style hot sauce. Way too much vinegar for me.

As for Mexican hot sauce, Tapatio is my hands down favorite, though Cholula is pretty good too. BUT, if I'm having Mexican food, I'd pick a spicy salsa over hot sauce any day. My favorite store bought salsa (at least where I live here in the midwest) is from Walmart:

I've tried just about every refrigerated salsa Walmart carries, and this is the best IMO.

There used to be a Salsa at WalMart maybe 40 years ago named Old Grand Daddy's and it came in small can. It got me started on chips and Salsa.

Back