What would you use? Brake pad advice

When I did the front brake job on my son’s ‘17 Wrangler I replaced the rotors (rust) and pads with OEM parts. I saved the old rotors (not scored just some rust on the inside edge) and could not find a reputable shop to machine them!

1677083027858.jpg

Seems to be a consensus! Any concerns with noise?
Not that I've seen on my friend and co workers hellcat or a 392 charger - these are not mine but thats what he runs.

my own hawk experience comes from standardized on the LTS in my trucks for years now - they haul down a 7500 and 5K load with less noise chatter and dust than the OEM or stillen metal matrix. The akebonos I tried stopped well, but they squealed.

I don't have a lot of experience with them - but personal observation is they can fit poorly in some applications and there is a noticeable difference in braking performance between the first few stops (when cold) and once warmed up. To me, that is unacceptable - OE doesn't seem to have this issue.

I don't have a lot of experience with them - but personal observation is they can fit poorly in some applications and there is a noticeable difference in braking performance between the first few stops (when cold) and once warmed up. To me, that is unacceptable - OE doesn't seem to have this issue.
I find mine have insane bite the first couple of stops, and then feel more normal after that. I think it's from the corrosion. They (the pads) rust to the rotors and if you leave them long enough, it takes a LOT of effort to get them unstuck. I'm sure the place across from me is wondering why I'm doing a brake torque in the driveway sometimes, lol.

I've heard both ends, some were almost as loud as track-only pads, some were whisper quiet with no noise. It doesn't seem like there's a consistency with noise with these pads. They were weaker in bite compared to the factory Brembo [Ferodo] pads and faded within a couple highway speed stops. If you've ever tried the Stoptech street pads, they're very similar. I did a couple highway-near zero stops and changed them out the week after; didn't trust them after that. Not sure if I'd trust them on a 5000+ pound vehicle.

I've heard both ends, some were almost as loud as track-only pads, some were whisper quiet with no noise. It doesn't seem like there's a consistency with noise with these pads. They were weaker in bite compared to the factory Brembo [Ferodo] pads and faded within a couple highway speed stops. If you've ever tried the Stoptech street pads, they're very similar. I did a couple highway-near zero stops and changed them out the week after; didn't trust them after that. Not sure if I'd trust them on a 5000+ pound vehicle.
I tried ceramic pads on my M5 because the OE's dusted so heavily and they certainly had less bite. I've historically almost always gone with OE, but the combination of short life, corrosion bonding them to the rotor and price, I'm considering alternatives in this application.

I think I would just bend that squealer back a little bit. Those pads look like they have a lot of life left.
Yeah, I don't have any intentions of changing them right now or anything, but I'd like to formulate a plan as to how to tackle this when I do take care of it, so deciding on what parts I'm using is necessary.

Yeah, I don't have any intentions of changing them right now or anything, but I'd like to formulate a plan as to how to tackle this when I do take care of it, so deciding on what parts I'm using is necessary.
That's where I am at on my car, too. Too many options :ROFLMAO:

Is that the passenger side? I don't know if it's just me or not but does this part look like it's breaking off?

1677101368203.jpg

Crap, OK, good to know.
Brembo is doing aftermarket push. They are not as good as OE compound. If you still want same aggressiveness I would go OE MOPAR.
If you want to experiment, HAWK ceramic performance.HAWK HP would be street performance, but that is ok if you want to upgrade pads on Sienna. HP+ is track/street.
EBC is good improvement over Toyota or Honda brakes. But, they are not on par Brembo, ATE etc.

Brembo is doing aftermarket push. They are not as good as OE compound. If you still want same aggressiveness I would go OE MOPAR.
If you want to experiment, HAWK ceramic performance.HAWK HP would be street performance, but that is ok if you want to upgrade pads on Sienna. HP+ is track/street.
EBC is good improvement over Toyota or Honda brakes. But, they are not on par Brembo, ATE etc.
EBC Yellow outperforms an engine lathe at turning down rotors 😷

Back