What would you use? Brake pad advice

I'm not all that familiar with what makes the Mopar pads so special, but RA has 2 different types of Brembo brand pads for under $90. Maybe worth a shot?

Won't lie if it was mine I'd probably be trying the $45 thermoquiet's on it.. haha

What's going on with that intermediate step between the hub and the braking surface and then the bolted-in clips ?

They are 2-piece rotors. The outer part is where the pads rub against, while the hub is another piece. You reuse the hub piece and only replace the outer friction layer.

In many cases, the hub piece is aluminum to save weight, but the friction part itself can't be aluminum, Hence, making 2 pieces.

These are what the front brakes on the SRT look like right now, not at the squealer, but getting close. They have 24,000km on them (15,000 miles):
View attachment 141534

I figure the rotors are good for another set of pads, they aren't as chewed up as the one-piece ones on my 2016, these look pretty good still.

The dealer told me it's $3,000 to do the brakes, which, yeah, that's "typical" for this vehicle, you have to pay to play, but having brakes last like 30,000km, well, I'm curious if there are other options that might provide a bit longer pad life and be more cost effective.

I know there are a number of different pad brands out there that cater to the enthusiast market and will make pads that fit this application. The OE pads have an insane amount of bite, which in turn results in rapid wear.

So, what other options are BITOG'ers a fan of? And no @AutoMechanic it's not getting white box, lol.

I'm not trying to be cheap, and I'll buy OE if that's ultimately best, but I'm suspecting there's something that's a better balance of wear and bite available. @edyvw
Looks to me like the pads are good for awhile. I’ve always been very happy with EBC pads and ceramic pads. Ceramics don’t grab so hard until they are broken in. Both ceramics and the EBC Kevlar pads produce very little dust.

I thought Brembo's "thing" was their aftermarket pads are the same quality as OEM - or so they say? So if you liked them just buy another set of Brembo from the aftermarket.

I have EHT's now - there OK. I was going to try Bosch Quiet Cast next. Maybe I should try Brembo's instead?

@OVERKILL Are those Brembo pads? Just bcs. they are Brembo calipers; pads could be from various manufacturers.
On RockAuto set of front go for $350 MOPAR. On the photo, I cannot see who makes them. Akebono has a ceramic compound that is fairly cheap, some $53. You won't have dust, and they will last longer, but they won't bite nearly as aggressively as OE.
I cannot see any Euro brands available.
You could try HAWK. I know some in the BMW world say that their ceramic compound is much better than Akebono.

Back