What happened to fast food accuracy?

Work ethic lacking. An entry level job is training to move up the ladder of employment. Show up on time and do what you are supposed to in a timely and proper manor.

When presented with a choice, I'm pretty much done with the chain restaurants, and have been for over a year now.

Patronize your locally owned restaurants instead. They need your business now, more than ever.
Recently Went to a local Italian sit down restaurant, ordered the Lasagna & Spaghetti and Meatballs combo. The lasagna was so, let's say it had the texture of dry quiche. I'm not sure it wasn't bound together with some sort of egg slurry. We were there at 6:00 pm and the place was 3/4 full and the place has a decent rep.

When I queried the server about the poor quality lasagna she said it must have been left over from the lunch special, and offered me a fresh replacement. I declined and asked that my bill be adjusted to just an order of of Spaghetti, as it was actually quite good. I only paid for the Spaghetti which is available separately after absorbing some mild grief from the owner of Gino"s. Just wasn't going to pay to eat 6 hour old Lasagna.

The current prevailing attitude towards accepting whatever is thrown in front of us needs to end. In the past few months I'd say less than 50% of my local owned dining experiences have not been wins. I feel it is time after 2 years and mega price increases that we get treated better. (off of soapbox)

Thankfully there are a few places left I can trust. A shout out to the small chain in Kansas City called Corner Café. If you are in the area I recommend them. Can't go wrong with open face Tenderloin and "made there" mashed potatoes with chunks and the occasional skin. The Cream Gravy is delicious without being overly salty. Can be had with green beans or veggie of the day. They will even give you a gravy to go for your leftovers, which you will have, as the portions are generous. My lady friend likes the Chicken Livers. The pot roast sandwich is also very good. They have all day breakfast except for biscuits and gravy which ends at 11am.

No, I do not work there nor have any interest in the place other than good freshly prepared food served with a smile.

Curiously, never at Chik-Fil-A.
They've goofed our order a few times, but always in our favor. No tears shed 😎.

We rarely have issues. We also dont go to places that suck. Only "chains" we go to are In n Out, CFA, Del Taco & Taco Bell. Everything else is locally owned

I don't think I've enjoyed ordering in during this pandemic. Early on it was understandable, but now, less so. I think it's also colliding with a shift in my tastes and just not interested anymore in "quick" food.

My son though timed this just right and is enjoying making $14 or whatever at McD's. He won't eat there but it's good experience in his pocket. I'm hoping he'll eventually want to move on, but it's good work for a teenager IMO. So I'm glad for all those who want to eat at McD's as they are paying for his check. :)

Those 2 are going to have a hard time with life . Is it the schools , parents or social b.s ? All 3 I think . This feel good crap is creating 10's of millions of minds of mush .
In the end the bucks stop with the parents, who demands the schools to do what they want (I kid you not, parents do that because they "paid" either tuition or donation in private school, or they paid for the school district via property tax), or social BS because they want for the kids what they did not get in life.

Fortunately, eventually with enough stumbling, we all will grow out of it. Maybe those 2 will learn in 3 years? They should have had these stumbles back in elementary school and grew out of it by middle school, so I guess another 2 years?

Fried food is a death trap no matter how one looks at it. I could never understand the endless line of cars and multiple drive up lanes.
Sure fried food taste great, so do donuts or any other poison one wants to put in their body... :eek:)
I think they taste great!! Don’t need any condiments whatsoever, they taste perfect with just the chicken and bread👍
All I taste is flour and oil. The chicken is tasteless, again, IMO
If you ever watched Supersize Me 2, the food scientists (or menu lab) they went to explains that Chick-Fil-A was basically loaded with MSG disguised as yeast extract and other "stuff".

So yeah, we are addicted to fried MSG loaded with salt.

BTW, good chicken (not frozen, fresh real free range one like those in Chinatown slaughtered when you order, not the broiler one in a barn refuse to move around) is full of flavor like glutamine, those chicken you only need to add salt to it and nothing else (maybe ginger and green onion if you like it when steamed, or just salt in the Japanese skewers).

If you ever watched Supersize Me 2, the food scientists (or menu lab) they went to explains that Chick-Fil-A was basically loaded with MSG disguised as yeast extract and other "stuff".
I suspected it was something along those lines. The "flavorness" of their chicken always seems to be dialed up to "eleven". Salt, MSG..... I figured it was one or the other.

No big deal. They're always closed when I'm in the mood for a quick Sunday lunch while I'm out running around.

They've goofed our order a few times, but always in our favor. No tears shed 😎.

We rarely have issues. We also dont go to places that suck. Only "chains" we go to are In n Out, CFA, Del Taco & Taco Bell. Everything else is locally owned
Have you been to The Crack Shack in Little Italy for Hipster fried chicken? They proudly brag about their use of Jidori Chicken

Today you are going to be lucky if you can work min wage job and pay rent and the student loan. Which is why most people with choices would just tough it out and either enter trade school early, or finish school fast with the right major so they can make a living doing a real job that is 3-6x min wage as starting salary. This does not exist back in the boomer days.

To me, a lot of the poorly run businesses really should have been closed down. This will be better for the owners, the management, the customers, the employees, the landlord in the long run.
The trades are hurting for people. But many would want to go to a coding boot camp or become an influencer than become an union apprentice. And in many areas, the minimum wage job is the only thing around. Too many desk warrior jobs are asking for an unreal amount of experience.

The minimum wage job is seeing a new threat - the gig economy. I can’t count on my hands how many Lyft/Uber or Amazon recruitment I see out of fast food places or Walmart pre-pandemic. Now Lyft and Uber are begging people to drive for them and Amazon’s hiring blitz from before the holidays(they call it Peak) hasn’t let off - I see Amazon hiring ads on transit quite a bit.

I suspected it was something along those lines. The "flavorness" of their chicken always seems to be dialed up to "eleven". Salt, MSG..... I figured it was one or the other.

No big deal. They're always closed when I'm in the mood for a quick Sunday lunch while I'm out running around.
I use MSG when something needs that little kick or something. Fast food places abuse the stuff - since factory farmed chicken/beef/pork was bred for growth and efficiency in CAFOs, not for flavor.

A secret Asians use is a “chicken” powder - which is really MSG, sodium inosate and artificial flavor. Not as much with the Mexicans but really popular with Puerto Ricans, Cubans and others from Central America and Spanish-speaking Caribbean - Goya Saison - basically MSG and garlic powder. Lawry’s old seasoned salt had MSG. Ranch dressing has MSG. But, Chinese Restaurant Syndrome isn’t heard of from fast food joints, Mexican places and even Hometown Buffet/Golden Corral.

The minimum wage job is seeing a new threat - the gig economy. I can’t count on my hands how many Lyft/Uber or Amazon recruitment I see out of fast food places or Walmart pre-pandemic. Now Lyft and Uber are begging people to drive for them and Amazon’s hiring blitz from before the holidays(they call it Peak) hasn’t let off - I see Amazon hiring ads on transit quite a bit.
Those places are begging for people because they basically chew them up and spit them out when they're done with them. It's not a job that people can do for 10+ years. Amazon seems to have a weird philosophy that if you're been working in the warehouse for several years, there must be something wrong with you and as soon as productivity drops off just a little, people end up getting fired. Now they've fired so many people, they say that people who have been fired can reapply now as they've run out of fresh meat.

Those places are begging for people because they basically chew them up and spit them out when they're done with them. It's not a job that people can do for 10+ years. Amazon seems to have a weird philosophy that if you're been working in the warehouse for several years, there must be something wrong with you and as soon as productivity drops off just a little, people end up getting fired. Now they've fired so many people, they say that people who have been fired can reapply now as they've run out of fresh meat.
Amazon is a "bypass filter", they want to fire 6% of their people every year to hire new ones, then repeat.

So they basically have to find new location to hire new people after a while or else they will run out of people, especially if they are competing with FaceBook and other high paying companies as well.

I use MSG when something needs that little kick or something. Fast food places abuse the stuff - since factory farmed chicken/beef/pork was bred for growth and efficiency in CAFOs, not for flavor.

A secret Asians use is a “chicken” powder - which is really MSG, sodium inosate and artificial flavor. Not as much with the Mexicans but really popular with Puerto Ricans, Cubans and others from Central America and Spanish-speaking Caribbean - Goya Saison - basically MSG and garlic powder. Lawry’s old seasoned salt had MSG. Ranch dressing has MSG. But, Chinese Restaurant Syndrome isn’t heard of from fast food joints, Mexican places and even Hometown Buffet/Golden Corral.
MSG is naturally in everything like cheese, tomatoes, mushroom, yeast, etc. You do not hear the "Chinese Restaurant Syndrome" from high end restaurants ever, because they use better ingredients, charges more ($20-30 per dish), and don't abuse them like the low end mom and pop places competing in prices use them for. It really is a sodium overdose as MSG doesn't taste salty like salt does and it is very easy to OD MSG.

I once heard of a ramen place in NYC that said "We absolutely uses MSG and we are proud of it". That place was always full of people and has good review.

Yesterday I got a MSG OD from the BOGO deal of McDonald's Sausage McMuffins. Can't taste anything for the whole afternoon despite 1 cup of black coffee and 1 cup of plain black tea afterward.

Back