What happened to fast food accuracy?

It could be worse. You might be served food by some whacked out nut case.

When I worked at a McDonalds as my first "company job", I made Filet of Fish with a guy named Karl Werner. He got easily and quickly agitated and with him being a few years older than I was he scared me. We shared the same shift and I worked along side him for 3 or 4 months until I got a better job and moved on.

Anyway, I remember looking at my Dad's newspaper during breakfast one morning and his mugshot was on the front page. I vividly remember telling my Dad, "I worked with that guy at McDonalds!".

Furthermore, my future wife, who I hadn't even met yet, was friends with his third victim.

Scott

Last edited:
It's not just fast food. We've ordered stuff for delivery from various places and either had orders wrong, things missing, or in one case, we got somebody else's order completely. I think that time we had already been waiting so long and it was late enough, we just ate it anyway. Figured whoever got our order would probably be complaining

An old couple in their 80's walked 3 days through Ukraine and crossed into Poland exhausted and near death. The refugee relief people had a tent set up to feed people, the old couple asked for an extra slice of cheese on their sandwiches, they didn't get it, they turned around and started walking back home. Get real people, you need to put things in perspective.

What gets me is when people go ballistic on a minimum wage service worker/fast food employee/Uber driver/etc. if you seriously need a punching bag, go to ****’s or see a therapist. Lately, the millennial/gen Z rage is ordering things off from a “secret menu” or demanding free stuff from certain retailers to abuse their “quality promise” - I blame TikTok for propagating that.

Also, fast food menus have gotten too complex - In-N-Out runs a simple, lean menu. I was at Starbucks recently - I ended up getting two coffees and an extra cold brew - operator error. Ironically, the hipster coffee joints I prefer to get my coffee from never mess up my orders.

It's people working their minimum wage jobs that don't care about their work.... so it boils down to work ethic.

Yes, I had that minimum wage fast food job back in High School.
Yes, work ethic is a big part of it.

To be fair, I have a few employees on my team who are close to retirement (few years away) that barely show up to work or care. Personally I'd be embarrassed making that high of a salary (paid by the state tax payers) and have productivity that low.

This is nothing new either by the restaurants or the complainers. When I was growing up in the 1970s, my family would go to fast food restaurants. Mostly Burger King but sometimes others. My father would get super angry if any little thing was wrong with order. Would embarrass the whole family by yelling at the server or at the counter people. Muttering under his breath, swearing. Made all of us uncomfortable and/or scared. We stopped accompanying him to restaurants as soon as we had any say in the matter.

...and do not employ any other 3rd party to deliver your food. Their take is too, too high.

Of Burger King said above, "They actually have a really good chicken sandwich right now".
OK, I'll try one.
At the moment a "$4" promotion for Crispy Chicken Sandwiches is ending at both Popeye's and KFC. Here and there the price has reverted to normal but a few stores are still offering the promotion.

I will try a BK chicken sandwich because the ones they've offered previously (old, pre Tim Horton's take-over recipe) was real plain cafeteria food.

It could be worse. You might be served food by some whacked out nut case.

When I worked at a McDonalds as my first "company job", I made Filet of Fish with a guy named Karl Werner. He got easily and quickly agitated and with him being a few years older than I was he scared me. We shared the same shift and I worked along side him for 3 or 4 months until I got a better job and moved on.

Anyway, I remember looking at my Dad's newspaper during breakfast one morning and his mugshot was on the front page. I vividly remember telling my Dad, "I worked with that guy at McDonalds!".

Furthermore, my future wife, who I hadn't even met yet, was friends with his third victim.

Scott

Yeah hanging would be too good for that fella

I've got a question for you - how come you never get MORE than you order, or something of greater value?

For the love of all that is holy and makes this world tolerable, please STOP FUNDING THESE COMPANIES!

When presented with a choice, I'm pretty much done with the chain restaurants, and have been for over a year now.

Patronize your locally owned restaurants instead. They need your business now, more than ever.

Theres a family owned pizza place in my area I’ve been going to for 27 years.

I've got a question for you - how come you never get MORE than you order, or something of greater value?

For the love of all that is holy and makes this world tolerable, please STOP FUNDING THESE COMPANIES!
I have gotten more, sometimes when they screw up the order, they tell you to keep the old order instead of throwing it out. Happened to me at Fuddruckers, they ask you how you like it and I always order medium rare, but most of the time it's more like medium or well done. I got sick of getting well done all the time so the last time I complained and they made me a new one. Also well done, but the manager let me cut into it first and we saw it was well done so he let me keep it and I got another one that was actually medium rare. I stuck the extra burger in the fridge and ate it the next day.

line was long

Who wants to work a job where there's a never ending line of irate customers? You couldn't pay me $40/hr to deal with that. Imagine if you will an airport food court where starving, tired customers just want "something" and your line is the shortest. Presto, you've got another customer. Meanwhile corporate judges you by your cash register login and by how many orders you crank through in an hour.

They're short staffed, so the working experience is terrible, so staff leaves and makes it worse.

I've worked in food service and at a discount tire & oil change shop, FWIW.

I have to give a “Great Job!” to Chick-fil-a in Ashland, Virginia.

Ordered using the iPhone app twice recently, both times they got the order perfect!

Restaurant was busy too…

Nice Job!

Went to a local small pizza chain Saturday night. First off the pizza was good but not great. Great would have been a no brainer if they had put enough sauce on it. Some how the pepperoni was not on the pizza, all least the meatballs made it. We didn't order green peppers but somehow they appeared. People don't like to be in my bubble after green peppers. The onions were tasty. Ordered bacon on it also but never saw any. That's what happens when you pay in advance. All is not lost, I had a marvelous Fajita Burrito at El Maguey's. Its a crapshoot out there.

Back