What are you eating right now?

Since GON left central PA area and didn’t tell
Me; folks and I hit the Mechanicsburg American Legion. I had stuffed, broiled flounder with carrots and salad bar. Paler Ale by Evergrain brewing. Meal was $61 so well worth it. Top of the mark staff too and awesome members we met.

IMG_1922.jpeg

Its been a busy day setting up for the cattle. 113 calves came. Everyone is starting to warm up for the sorting event in a half hour.

The little beef roast is in the crockpot and I just took the pork off the Traeger. They hit about 165F so they got wrapped in foil with a bit of brown sugar and apple juice. To save pellets, they are in the stove at 240F for however long it takes to get to that 205ish mark.

20240614_184315.jpg

of course the chips and salsa, but we added white queso and two sodas. I had a really big burrito with chicken and the garden put on it, she got a regular order of fijitas with beans and rice and then we split a dessert of sopapillas. Came home for some thin slivered watermelon with Lilly just a bit ago.

View attachment 225014

View attachment 225015

View attachment 225016

View attachment 225017

View attachment 225018

View attachment 225019

View attachment 225020

View attachment 225021

View attachment 225022

The real wealth!

Now that Dad is retired he raises chickens. They look mostly like 9 to 11-pounders to me. That's a 1.6-pound chicken breast. It comes from Margaret - Dad's sense of humor is a little skewed toward the macabre. I ate half of the breast with mushrooms, carrots, bell peppers, grape tomatoes, and green onion. I washed it down with unsweetened cranberry juice mixed with the juice and pulp from 1 lemon. That'll make you pucker up!

So the pulled pork was awesome and quite the hit. 9 hours on the Traeger and about 4ish in the oven. It was midnight and I was tearing the meat down and tossed it in the fridge. This morning it got a little bbq sauce and reheat in the roast pan. Everyone loved it but most importantly, my daughters loved it.

20240615_123537.jpg

I stopped at the pick-your-own no-spray strawberries farm a half mile from the ocean. If you lick a strawberry before washing it you taste a hint of salt. One of our local markets has organic strawberries for 99 cents a pound. They usually are more like $2.99 when on sale. I wish I could grow starberries but Cuddles will eat them and I can't fight the puppy for food. He outweighs me by more than 30 pounds.

Last edited:
Back