What are you eating right now?

125F internal thus far.

20240614_125925.jpg

Over the last three weeks, I have been losing 12 pounds on my steady intake of the usual foodstuff, including one weekly misstep. I now weigh in at 199 pounds, a weight at least 10 pounds below my average weight over the last 10 years. Since age is catching up with me, and I'll be 50 in two years, I am going to shift from performance orientation toward longevity. Taking a few pounds off takes stress off the cardiovascular system and kidneys, and has metabolic advantages. I have no plan that's set in stone but I expect to reduce my weight slowly over the coming decade and beyond. I know I do well at 180 pounds which is what I weighed at 18. Maybe I can wear my old clothes again when I'm 80. But would I want to?

My lunch is chicken, riced cauliflower, bell peppers, and spinach. Also the leftover miso soup with tofu and seaweed from last night.

Lift Heavy Mentzer style best thing I've chnged to since I was 50 years old all that volume is wasted Bull Shii$. So what if your in the gym for 30min gaining muscle and keeping it has nothing to do with endurance
Little Cardio
Be in calorie deficit
You will get shredded

The sweet neighbor just dropped off some kind of shrimp and rice dish. Have not tried it yet, but it smells great.
Sure is nice having great neighbors.

Wish her tomato plants would hurry up and ripen! ;)

Maybe not you, but I suspect you are the grand prize to her.....
If I am the grand prize...she is a REAL LOOSER! :D

Honestly, she is just a sweet person. Goes to church every Sunday and has bible study with the other old gals during the week.
Think she is just trying to pay me back. I used my snow blower for years, and caught hers too in the process. Just a good old corn fed Iowa Gal. We talk about the Grandchildren now.;)

• Love
Reactions: GON
If I am the grand prize...she is a REAL LOOSER! :D

Honestly, she is just a sweet person. Goes to church every Sunday and has bible study with the other old gals during the week.
Think she is just trying to pay me back. I used my snow blower for years, and caught hers too in the process. Just a good old corn fed Iowa Gal. We talk about the Grandchildren now.;)
I am simply very happy for both of you, that you have each other, regardless of differences or circumstances. My Dad spoke very little to me, but one thing he stated was it was very lonely growing old alone.

Lift Heavy Mentzer style best thing I've chnged to since I was 50 years old all that volume is wasted Bull Shii$.
Pretty much. I have been doing a lot more high reps and low weight for quite a while. Increases blood flow and aids recovery better while not straining the joints as much. I see too many guys overdo weights and injure themselves. Then they have to cut back for months.
So what if your in the gym for 30min gaining muscle and keeping it has nothing to do with endurance
I know guys who lift insane weights but they can't walk two flights of stairs without turning purple while huffing and puffing. I tell them to ride a bike or to swim regularly. My wife is trying to kill me with CrossFit.
Little Cardio
Be in calorie deficit
You will get shredded
Many people can't find the right balance and resort to extremism, whether it be diet, exercise, or lifestyle.

Pretty much. I have been doing a lot more high reps and low weight for quite a while. Increases blood flow and aids recovery better while not straining the joints as much. I see too many guys overdo weights and injure themselves. Then they have to cut back for months.

I know guys who lift insane weights but they can't walk two flights of stairs without turning purple while huffing and puffing. I tell them to ride a bike or to swim regularly. My wife is trying to kill me with CrossFit.

Many people can't find the right balance and resort to extremism, whether it be diet, exercise, or lifestyle.
I'm glad after all the years I finally found ballance working less and gaining more..

About ten years ago I had a co-worker who told me his girlfriend's physical therapy practice boomed with 30 and 40 somethings when the cross fit fad started up. I doubt that age group has gotten any tougher.

About ten years ago I had a co-worker who told me his girlfriend's physical therapy practice boomed with 30 and 40 somethings when the cross fit fad started up. I doubt that age group has gotten any tougher.
Because you've been told over the years it's how you gain muscle nothing could be further from the truth.

Because you've been told over the years it's how you gain muscle nothing could be further from the truth.
I'm not a cross fit person but I've always understood that it was conceptually about functional fitness.

My big objection to cross fit was the fact that you switch exercises so often that you are doing things that you don't always know how to do with good form combined with group competition that encourages recklessness.

I'm not a cross fit person but I've always understood that it was conceptually about functional fitness.

My big objection to cross fit was the fact that you switch exercises so often that you are doing things that you don't always know how to do with good form combined with group competition that encourages recklessness.
It's a way of exercising and it's a good thing in the end.

Back