What are you eating right now?

Notice on the watermelon picture the in-house mooch at the 11 o'clock position. Those are not the eyes of chupacabra, but something far worse. It's "Lilly" and she's a hot mess.

20240611_184951.jpg

20240611_191307.jpg

Sometimes reviews are off and a meal is inedible.

Working 24 hours in Central Pennsylvania, found this local restaurant just minutes from the hotel, 4.8 rating.

Missed a sign that the parking lot was empty. Ordered a ice tea, Mediterranean salad, and their signature dish, ossu buco.

The ice tea was warm. 30 seconds later, the $14USD salad came out. Salad was not what the menu implied it would be. Three bites into the salad, the osso bucco came out, which is $59 USD.

The issue bucco was cold, which wasn't surprising as I had order it less than three minutes earlier. But the meat was rancid. I left cash to cover the meal on the table, and left. Getting a pizza at Papa John's now.

Sometimes reviews are way off. The empty parking lot was a sign I should not have discounted.
IMG_20240612_192714.jpg
IMG_20240612_192716.jpg
IMG_20240612_192719.jpg
IMG_20240612_192721.jpg
IMG_20240612_192723.jpg
IMG_20240612_192725.jpg

The most interesting thing I had today was a watermelon salad with cubed watermelon, mint, red onion and feta cheese. I made the melon into a salad because it was only meh level ripeness. Much tastier than by itself.
Watermelon is a great source of citrulline. This amino acid helps nitric oxide production. Blood vessels relax and blood pressure decreases if you are hypertensive. You gotta eat the rinds, though as they contain more citrulline than the flesh of the melon.

Sometimes reviews are off and a meal is inedible.

Working 24 hours in Central Pennsylvania, found this local restaurant just minutes from the hotel, 4.8 rating.

Missed a sign that the parking lot was empty. Ordered a ice tea, Mediterranean salad, and their signature dish, ossu buco.

The ice tea was warm. 30 seconds later, the $14USD salad came out. Salad was not what the menu implied it would be. Three bites into the salad, the osso bucco came out, which is $59 USD.

The issue bucco was cold, which wasn't surprising as I had order it less than three minutes earlier. But the meat was rancid. I left cash to cover the meal on the table, and left. Getting a pizza at Papa John's now.

Sometimes reviews are way off. The empty parking lot was a sign I should not have discounted.
View attachment 224597View attachment 224598View attachment 224599View attachment 224600View attachment 224601View attachment 224602

The wealth!

• Wow
Reactions: GON
Not now or even today but last week we took my nephew out for dinner. It was his birthday and he decided we'd have the clam pizza. We also had them bring out a cake from Schubert's that we had brought because Tomasso's has only cheesecake and he doesn't care for it. The place has "mood lighting" to be polite. Taking decent food pictures is impossible.

Yes, I had a piece of unhealthy cake. @The Critic keeps track!

Back