Vehicle for 6 grand

Status
Not open for further replies.
$6,000 will get you a pretty good deal on a Ford Fusion/Lincoln MKZ/Mercury Milan

Other sedan options are Camrys, Avalons, Accords, Altimas, Chargers, GS300s, Optimas, Jettas, Mercedes C300's, G6's, Taurus, and 328i's

$6k will also get you a pretty premium Crown Vic/Towncar/Grand Marquis

You can also get a good deal on a Ford Escape or Trailblazer

The biggest thing would be to look at private party sales (Craigslist & similar) and not dealerships, you're probably going to end up giving a dealership more for less so they can pay for their overhead. Just make sure to get a pre-purchase inspection so you're not getting ripped off.
Searched many of those exceptions being Nissan cause of cvt
Many of our “owners” on Craigslist are dealers.
But I’m looking
BTW 328 water pumps are 1200 bucks. Hard to take for me
And if you lose the head gasket (or buy one with head gasket sealant) it can run 2500.
I assume that’s why they bring nothing at the auction from dealers

Some of the better deals I've seen on used cars in recent years have been on Crown Vic's and Grand Marquis. They're solid built cars and have a long life expectancy. My mom has a Grand Marquis with the 4.6 V8. It will get 24-25 MPG in local driving and about 28 MPG highway

Searched many of those exceptions being Nissan cause of cvt
Many of our “owners” on Craigslist are dealers.
But I’m looking
BTW 328 water pumps are 1200 bucks. Hard to take for me
And if you lose the head gasket (or buy one with head gasket sealant) it can run 2500.
I assume that’s why they bring nothing at the auction from dealers
Well on the plus side with current geopolitical landscape, flights are dirt cheap and I'm sure you could get in contact with a BITOG'er that would be willing to help with pre-purchase arrangements for a nominal fee so you aren't going in blind.

You can line up 5-10 cars in any given city, fly in and Uber around to look at them, and fly back out two days later if you don't find anything or make a vacation out of it.

Autotempest.com is another really good option, it's a search conglomerate that looks at a bunch of sites at once

they switched to GDI earlier than I thought, sorry :oops:
Idk
I don’t know if I get a warrantee is being a second or third owner
I don’t know if I bought one with a new engine whether those are holding up and whether that warrantee would transfer it to me
I do know that this site has more brains than anyone else on the Internet.

Any specific reason on the Malibu and impala?
They have a lot of power steering issues from my experience. Also the Malibu is bad for ECM problems and camshaft sensors. The Caprice maybe something to consider though especially the ones with the interceptor package one of our customers has one and hasn’t had an issue with it yet amazing he keeps up all the maintenance and it runs like a top.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back