The search for a vehicle is over.

We went this last Saturday and picked up a 2024 Mazda CX50 for my wife. We were trying to figure out if we were going to find a vehicle for my son and have her keep on driving the Chrysler, or get her a new one and give the Chrysler to him.
I figured that the Chrysler is pushing 160k trouble free miles at this point, so why not get her a new one and give the Chrysler to him, as was our original plan.
My thinking was that she’s gonna get a new one a few years down the road anyway, so why spend money on a vehicle for him and still end up buying a new one shortly thereafter. 🤔
Anyway, it’s a 2024 CX50 S premium package (all of the nanny’s and tech) in Ingot Blue with the N/A 2.5. If we were at high elevation, I may have gone with the Turbo, but it’s not needed down here. This N/A 2.5 feels more than adequate.
I also skipped on the package with the 20” wheels, I like more rubber (sidewall) as we can take it down some rougher roads without worrying about bent rims.
It’s soon to have the stock “GOOD-for-a-YEAR Assurance” tires replaced with Michelin Crossclimate 2’s.
It rides great, has plenty of pep, it’s roomier than the CX5, and the seating position while driving is very comfortable.
I’ll update the overall feel and impressions as we put more miles on her.
I am so glad that the search is over,…it’s exhausting. 😉🍻

IMG_0881.jpeg
IMG_0882.jpeg

Last edited:
That looks really nice. Great color choice too. Mazda's tend to drive very well, with a nod to enthusiasts, or something along those lines. Mazda tends to get that very right.

My wife wants this: (I drive F150's a lot as we have 3 of them, I tend to strongly dislike driving trucks as daily drivers, and own 2 Jag's) So I think the Mazda you got is a great choice!!

2635633-1-revo.jpg

I liked the cx-50 over the cx-5.. but the cx-5 has more interior room esp. for backseat.

Our impressions were different as we were checking them both out. My wife is 5'9" and when she set the driver's seat to her preferred position she moved to the back seat. Her knees were closer to the back of the driver's seat in the CX5 than the CX50. Also, in the back cargo area, the wheel arches on the CX50 allowed for a wider layout in the cargo space than the CX5 had.
We made sure to check all of this out because we travel a lot and we also have to carry my FIL's walker when we take him to appointments and such.
We also liked that it was a bit shorter than the CX5 in height, had a slightly longer wheelbase (2-3" maybe), and was a bit wider as well.

We went this last Saturday and picked up a 2024 Mazda CX50 for my wife. We were trying to figure out if we were going to find a vehicle for my son and have her keep on driving the Chrysler, or get her a new one and give the Chrysler to him.
I figured that the Chrysler is pushing 160k trouble free miles at this point, so why not get her a new one and give the Chrysler to him, as was our original plan.
My thinking was that she’s gonna get a new one a few years down the road anyway, so why spend money on a vehicle for him and still end up buying a new one shortly thereafter. 🤔
Anyway, it’s a 2024 CX50 S premium package (all of the nanny’s and tech) in Ingot Blue with the N/A 2.5. If we were at high elevation, I may have gone with the Turbo, but it’s not needed down here. This N/A 2.5 feels more than adequate.
I also skipped on the package with the 20” wheels, I like more rubber (sidewall) as we can take it down some rougher roads without worrying about bent rims.
It’s soon to have the stock “GOOD-for-a-YEAR Assurance” tires replaced with Michelin Crossclimate 2’s.
It rides great, has plenty of pep, it’s roomier than the CX5, and the seating position while driving is very comfortable.
I’ll update the overall feel and impressions as we put more miles on her.
I am so glad that the search is over,…it’s exhausting. 😉🍻

View attachment 193500View attachment 193501
Very nice! Got some interior pics?

Very nice! Got some interior pics?

I will get some when it’s light out and post them. I didn’t snap any interior pics this evening before it started getting dark on me. I should have gotten pics to post earlier, but I was too busy changing the oil in my daughter‘s Mazda 3 and being run ragged by my Grandson.
Man, I hate winter, it’s like the dark ages! Dark at 5:00. 🙄

I'm not sure, to be honest, but I believe that it does. I'll find out a little more once my wife is done soaking up the owner's manual.
It wouldn't bother me if it didn't, my OLM is in my head. ;)
Too funny! I'm just curious because the other day there was a post that I'd questioned the same thing & it didn't have one (new Lexus) :oops:. I joke around that my 02' Saturn at least had a light that would pop on the dash so surely most vehicles would come with that feature these days? I don't know anything about new vehicles though but that did surprise me.

Nice car but what the heck happened to your lawn?

It has gone dormant and we've had rain. Also, this side has a few more weeds that I've been battling for a while. This side took a beating a while back due to construction and the neighbors don't treat their lawn, so it's a constant battle to get it back.

That looks really nice. Great color choice too. Mazda's tend to drive very well, with a nod to enthusiasts, or something along those lines. Mazda tends to get that very right.

My wife wants this: (I drive F150's a lot as we have 3 of them, I tend to strongly dislike driving trucks as daily drivers, and own 2 Jag's) So I think the Mazda you got is a great choice!!

2635633-1-revo.jpg

That's a big 'ol truck!
I like my truck and I use it for hauling things from time to time, so she suits me just fine. I will say that being a regular cab / short bed, she's dwarfed by most other trucks on the road these days. It seems that Tacoma's are almost as big as my truck now.

As for the driving dynamics of the Mazda, I was very impressed with how tight the steering was and the great feedback while test-driving it through some curvy roads on a hilly section across town. It was also comfortable on the interstate portion of our drive. It got up to speed easy enough and the cabin was fairly quiet at 80MPH. You're right, I think Mazda does a lot of things right when it comes to handling.

Last edited:
Back