The search for a vehicle is over.

Congrats on the new ride, but I think it looks like a hot mess. I see an aardvark from the outside with the long snout; and the interior designers gave up integrating the touchscreen to the dash - they just turned a tablet on its side, glued it to the top pad, and called it a day.

Congrats on the new ride, but I think it looks like a hot mess. I see an aardvark from the outside with the long snout; and the interior designers gave up integrating the touchscreen to the dash - they just turned a tablet on its side, glued it to the top pad, and called it a day.

Tell me how you really feel. 😂🍻

Great looking car. Unless you just want to put on Michelins, I’d give those Goodyears a chance. I’ve seen pretty good service from their Assurance line up. I think the whole brand gets a reputation as junk when they’ve got good and bad throughout the line up.

Great choice, love the color. (y)

2.5L engine with 6 speed auto transmission is a great combo, use premium gas cause non turbo Skyactiv engines are high compression. Auto transmission is in the correct gear 99% of the time.

Oil drain plug and filter location are easy to get to.
ATF drain plug location makes drain & refills very simple.

No need for 20 inch wheels on this Mazda. You would have regretted the ride with 20 inch wheels if you had gone with bigger wheels / low profile tires.
It’s been pretty well reported the Skyactiv engines do not require premium fuel. They did decide while engineering to allow 87. Unique piston heads, 4-2-1 exhaust manifold, and slightly de-tuned the horsepower. I have only ever run 87 in my 2016 2.5L CX-5 with over 140K miles on it and I’ve never had any issues with power or knock at any RPM.

Thanks!

Clean look, not "plasticy". The relief in the dashboard helps with the touchscreen position. I like the treatment on the door panels and armrests. I assume the seats are comfortable?

They are. That’s a requirement, comfortable seats and arm position while driving, especially since we do a lot of it. One of the strikes against the CX5 versus this CX50 was the center console position, it sat just a little too far back for her liking. It wasn’t a natural feeling to rest her elbow on it if that makes any sense.

Great looking car. Unless you just want to put on Michelins, I’d give those Goodyears a chance. I’ve seen pretty good service from their Assurance line up. I think the whole brand gets a reputation as junk when they’ve got good and bad throughout the line up.

I did some research on the tires before making a final decision on changing them out. There are a few different tires in the Assurance lineup, as you mentioned, but the “finesse” line had as many bad reviews as good, if not more.
I have no problem with Goodyear tires, but the ones that came on this Mazda were not rated very well overall.
I’ve always put a premium on tires. Tires can make a world of difference in the overall feel and safety of any vehicle.

The dealer gave me a credit for the new pull offs and I paid $700 mounted/balanced after tax for these Michelin Crossclimate 2’s. With my Wife, Son, and occasionally my Grandson riding in this, I want the best tires I can get.

Now to clean those black rims after the tire guy had his grubby, greasy hands on them. 😏
I can see that I’m gonna have a good time keeping those wheels clean. 😂

IMG_0885.jpeg
IMG_0886.jpeg
IMG_0887.jpeg

I did some research on the tires before making a final decision on changing them out. There are a few different tires in the Assurance lineup, as you mentioned, but the “finesse” line had as many bad reviews as good, if not more.
I have no problem with Goodyear tires, but the ones that came on this Mazda were not rated very well overall.
I’ve always put a premium on tires. Tires can make a world of difference in the overall feel and safety of any vehicle.

The dealer gave me a credit for the new pull offs and I paid $700 mounted/balanced after tax for these Michelin Crossclimate 2’s. With my Wife, Son, and occasionally my Grandson riding in this, I want the best tires I can get.

Now to clean those black rims after the tire guy had his grubby, greasy hands on them. 😏
I can see that I’m gonna have a good time keeping those wheels clean. 😂

View attachment 194238View attachment 194239View attachment 194240
On the sidewall, are those graded as Traction B or Traction A?

I can’t find anything on the sidewall stating the traction or temperature grade. 🤔
I can find it pretty quick on the Conti’s that are on the Chrysler.

$700 for tires wow lol. I’d have made them swap them for the sale haha. But at least you have better ones on there. I’d never be seen with Goodyear on my cars. But probably a good thing you replaced them. Working at a dealership daily I’m not seeing OEM tires last more than about 20-30k depending on the vehicle. One Tundra we had wore a set in 10k with two rotations. Personally I am not big on the CrossClimate 2 but they are definitely better than the ones that were on it. They are noisy on our Camry and our most returned tire at work for noise. Hopefully they won’t be an issue for you.

$700 for tires wow lol. I’d have made them swap them for the sale haha. But at least you have better ones on there. I’d never be seen with Goodyear on my cars. But probably a good thing you replaced them. Working at a dealership daily I’m not seeing OEM tires last more than about 20-30k depending on the vehicle. One Tundra we had wore a set in 10k with two rotations. Personally I am not big on the CrossClimate 2 but they are definitely better than the ones that were on it. They are noisy on our Camry and our most returned tire at work for noise. Hopefully they won’t be an issue for you.

$700 OTD for these tires is pretty cheap. When they gave me the credit for the “pull offs” and the total, after taxes was $700 mounted and balanced, I was happy enough. Before the 9% taxes it was 600 something.
Reading reviews on the Goodyears that came on it made me eager to take the credit and dump them for the Michelins.
Hopefully we’re happy with them and we don’t end up with noisy tires. I’m OCD about tire pressures, so they won’t wear in an odd way due to running around with too little or too much air pressure. I guess we’ll see. 🍻

Diving deeper into that subject of traction grades, I came across a video showing that the Crossclimate + (designed for Europe) had a Traction A. The Crossclimate 2 (designed for the US and Canada) has a Traction B.
In watching the video, he explains that the test to determine that is a locked wheel sliding on the surface. ABS negates a lot of that and that Michelin’s testing and 3rd party testing shows that these tires perform better than most in wet traction and stopping.
All I know is that the largest part of the reviews praise these tires for their wet traction, snow traction, and dry handling as well, so it’s worth a shot. Hopefully that shot isn’t me shooting myself in the foot with these. 😉🍻

My 2023 CX-50 PFP in Ingot Blue has been great for me, I bought mine in Nov 2022. I have almost 16.5k miles on mine and no major issues so far.

That’s great to hear! So far, my wife is loving it. I’m gonna have a hard time getting used to the infotainment system though. The knob gets me all messed up. My wife has it all figured out though, of course it’s her vehicle, so she’s in it everyday.
🍻

Diving deeper into that subject of traction grades, I came across a video showing that the Crossclimate + (designed for Europe) had a Traction A. The Crossclimate 2 (designed for the US and Canada) has a Traction B.
In watching the video, he explains that the test to determine that is a locked wheel sliding on the surface. ABS negates a lot of that and that Michelin’s testing and 3rd party testing shows that these tires perform better than most in wet traction and stopping.
All I know is that the largest part of the reviews praise these tires for their wet traction, snow traction, and dry handling as well, so it’s worth a shot. Hopefully that shot isn’t me shooting myself in the foot with these. 😉🍻

Grandmas best friend has them on her 2019 Kia Sportage, and loves them. I do the maintenance on that Sportage, have driven it many times, dry roads, wet roads, snow, ice, and they work great.

Congratulations! Nice car! I do wonder how long until all that black plastic trim gets faded and turns white/gray. Keep up on it using some UV protectant to extend the life of those plastic parts - or go get them body color painted that would look amazing.

Back