Vehicle change - Mazda CX-5

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: bdcardinal
I really do like the CX-5's, and not just because I work at a Mazda dealer and see them every day. Mazda is really good at making a car not only be utilitarian, but fun to drive. The mods you did are tasteful, and don't scream "i'm modded look at me" which is awesome. Enjoy the car, looks great!!

Thanks for the compliments, that's exactly what we were hoping to have accomplished with the wheels and leather.

I'm actually thinking of one more change, and that would be a set of Mazda 6 springs, in order to bring the car down, without having to resort to badly sprung aftermarket springs, with spring rates that are just plain too hard.

The 6 and the CX-5 use the same suspension components front and rear, so the 6 springs will bolt right in. Just mulling it over for now.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter
I'm actually thinking of one more change, and that would be a set of Mazda 6 springs, in order to bring the car down, without having to resort to badly sprung aftermarket springs, with spring rates that are just plain too hard.

The 6 and the CX-5 use the same suspension components front and rear, so the 6 springs will bolt right in. Just mulling it over for now.

BC.

Lemme know if you need part numbers or anything. Honestly my first thought when I saw the pictures was when people would buy 99-04 Mustangs and they looked like a 4x4.

Honestly my first thought when I saw the pictures was when people would buy 99-04 Mustangs and they looked like a 4x4.

Ha! I thought the same. This thing could use a slight drop to reduce that wheel gap a bit.

Congrats!
I've loved all my Mazdas thru the years.
I have the 2.5 in my Mazda 3 right now. Although not the "skyactive" version its still a very smooth 4cyl engine with just the right amount of power.
Enjoy it!

Lemme know if you need part numbers or anything. Honestly my first thought when I saw the pictures was when people would buy 99-04 Mustangs and they looked like a 4x4.

I would be happy if you had the time to look up part numbers and prices for me.
Thanks for the offer!

BC.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
and will make me want to ride my Ducati more this year than I have in the past 5.

Oh wow! We need to have a thread about your Ducati. Screw that cx-5.
lol.gif

+1!
wink.gif

One of these days', I'm going to have to pull out all three of my red toys, and take a group shot together. Don't ask me how I would up with all three of my toys being red, either. The Hawk GT was bought first, and was red. The 848 was my second red toy, and I really wanted white, but my dealer was out of stock at the time, and made me an offer I didn't refuse on this one. The CX-5 just looks fantastic in red, this one being Soul Red, and different from last year's Zeal Red.

Oh, wait, now I remember...
My gf's a redhead.

Wouldn't that be four then?

Those seats almost make me feel like I wouldn't mind if my car's cloth seats ended up wearing poorly. Not quite, but almost. Nice to know that you can get the sears re-covered so nicely.

Great choice on that vehicle -- Mazda is a car company very worthy of respect (and business) IMO, and if I needed to get a vehicle in that segment the CX-5 is one of the first I'd look at. I only wish they'd make the MT available with the 2.5 -- that would probably be a dealbreaker for me although the pickings are getting slim in that department no matter the manufacturer.

I've been lusting over the new CX5's at the local dealership...I think they're a beautiful vehicle and Mazda did an outstanding job on that engine/trans combo...good power and fuel efficiency...plus I love the look of them. I'm afraid to test drive one lest my compulsion overcome my mid-life sensibility and I end up driving one home.

Congrats! Nice CX-5!

Mazda is becoming popular on bitog - My wife (and at least 2 other on bitog) recently became owners of 2014 Mazda 6 sedans..
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: Vikas
I see at least two more bikes in the garage. How many of those "organ donors" do you have?

After my girl and I bought our house back in May 2008, we had this many:

dsc01998hx.jpg

Name them all!

This picture is by far one of our favorite pictures:

dsc01991oq.jpg

And yes, I really did move from the apartments that we lived at to the house, just like that. It was an adventure, I tell you. First problem - I forgot to make sure the Pacific Coast would fire up BEFORE loading the dirt bike onto it. So I had to push start it. Then, I quickly realized that I forgot to check the tire pressure on the bike before starting out. Luckily, it was only a couple mile ride from the apartments to the new house.

Someone like's Ducati's:

dsc01845da.jpg

dsc01862mu.jpg

dsc02003zn.jpg

Oops, Time for bed.

BC.

Those CX5s are real nice. It's too bad that only the absolute base model can be had with manual transmission.

They are just loads of fun to drive! And the interior is about perfect as far as layout and comfort.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
Those CX5s are real nice. It's too bad that only the absolute base model can be had with manual transmission.

They are just loads of fun to drive! And the interior is about perfect as far as layout and comfort.

I agree on all three points you made.
The only additional point I have is that it's too bad that here in the US market, you can't get the Manual transmission version in red, white, or blue.

BC.

Very nice CX-5, congrats!

It would be on my short list of replacement vehicles for the Accord if you could get the manual transmission with AWD.

Like the bikes, too! My Kawasaki Concours has not been getting much love of late. My dream Tourer would be a 1993-2000 Honda ST1100. Love to ride. Just have to be hyper-aware of all the distracted drivers out there.

I agree on all three points you made.
The only additional point I have is that it's too bad that here in the US market, you can't get the Manual transmission version in red, white, or blue.

BC.

At least it's offered in a manual at all - that's what drew me to it. As of right now, it's the only CUV to offer a manual transmission.

I noticed the lack of color choices for manual transmission - but the color I wanted was available on the base model.

As of right now, it's the only CUV to offer a manual transmission.

VW Tiguan offers a manual trans option also.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
As of right now, it's the only CUV to offer a manual transmission.

VW Tiguan offers a manual trans option also.

So do the Subaru Forester and Outback, but they have the same "problem" where it's only offered with the base engine.

At least it's offered in a manual at all - that's what drew me to it. As of right now, it's the only CUV to offer a manual transmission.

I noticed the lack of color choices for manual transmission - but the color I wanted was available on the base model.

Well, if you lived near the border with Canada, you can get a manual transmission in any color you want, in FWD. You, of course, would have to go through the whole importing process, but that depend how much you really want red, white, or blue.

BC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back