Valvoline Restore & Protect

Good / great oils and the dedicated practice of keeping up with regular oil changes can usually can prevent those things. Sometimes though the design of the engines can make it harder to prevent some things. What we all have in our favor these days is almost every oil you can find is so advanced that we really should not find ourselves dealing with internal engine issues. Good gas / oil can only help.
Most likely you are mostly correct, However, I still see posts from people that have excessive oil consumption and would like to fix that issue.
This MIGHT be the fix they are looking for.

Just an FYI, castrol 0w40 functions much better at those temps than mobile 0w30. But itโ€™s hard to get it at a reasonable price here compared to mobile (walmart)

Valvoline says the oil is also their top choice for new engines, so why wouldn't they have it approved for Dexos 1 Gen 3, thereby expanding their potential user base?

Valvoline says the oil is also their top choice for new engines, so why wouldn't they have it approved for Dexos 1 Gen 3, thereby expanding their potential user base?
they are probably referring to the EP or the advanced oils in proper viscosity,as they are dexos gen 3,the R&P can be referenced as a specialty oil, at least for now?

Now I patiently wait for them to introduce R&P in 0w30โ€ฆ๐Ÿค”๐Ÿ˜๐Ÿซค๐Ÿ˜‘๐Ÿ˜ฎโ€๐Ÿ’จ๐Ÿ˜ต๐Ÿ’€
You could go for 0W-20 in the winter time. The 20 grade in cold AK weather would probably be fine since oil temps will be down.

1718325356271.jpg

I'm officially jumping on the Valvoline R&P bandwagon now, I picked up a jug yesterday in the North Tonawanda, NY Walmart. I figured why not, I'm always open to trying new oils and in a way I'm coming full circle because when I first became involved with BITOG (before this version of the forum even existed actually) the "talk of the town" was Valvoline Maxlife and I started using it in my old 95 Firebird Formula back then.

My plan is to run this oil in my 2016 Civic starting in the fall and will do a shorter than normal interval of about 10,000km (I usually do 15 to 16,000km) At that point I'm undecided whether I will run a second interval with it or if I will switch back over to QSUP (which I feel is one of the best bang for the buck synthetics out there)

Back