VA life insurance

Does anyone here have any knowledge about this whole life plan? I read what they post in their ad, but I'm sure they, like every other insurance company, don't disclose any of the bad aspects. Most of the time us consumers have to find that info on our, and it's usually finding out the hard way...

I reviewed it several years ago when I was offered it, and found it very expensive. Major reason was that this VA program pool insures people with disabilities who may not be able to be otherwise insured. Very few people who can be insured in the regular commercial market are in this pool. I found that term insurance met my needs very well when I needed it. I currently have no life insurance as my 401K savings, etc covers all my anticipated death expenses.

I no interest in buying any insurance that only pays off if I die.
It's an interesting gamble. You're betting money that you die before a certain age and the insurance company is betting that you'll live and they assign the odds based on actuarial data and statistics.

If it's anything like my experience in dealing with the VA on my fathers behalf, it will be absolutely impossible to deal with. Bureaucracy and just plain stupidity, rule their processes.

I'd recommend considering ANY OTHER life insurance policy.

Back