Health Insurance Home Visit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zee09

$200 Site Donor 2023
Got a call today from my health insurance company. They are sending a nurse practitioner to my house for a health checkup.

I said thanks but I don't need one. She informed me I had no choice in the matter.

This is not to get health or life insurance but to maintain my health insurance. I guess they noticed I have been blowing off the doctors lately.

Anybody else go through this with no choice in the matter.
I buy my own insurance and not part of a company or state plan.

Those calls are from a third party and not your health insurance company. They make a house call-then bill your insurance company. It is not mandatory-and they are lying to you. I WOULD NOT let anybody in to my home that starts off a relationship by telling you a bold face lie.

Of course- I am assuming you read all the fine print on your policy and you don't need a checkup to qualify.....

Those calls are from a third party and not your health insurance company. They make a house call-then bill your insurance company. It is not mandatory-and they are lying to you. I WOULD NOT let anybody in to my home that starts off a relationship by telling you a bold face lie.
I'm not happy about it.
I agree with you. Why would it be mandatory unless maybe you were on Medicare or Medicaid or God forbid hospice
I don't mind the visit but I don't like being told I have no choice and it's between 2 to 3 pm..
Inconvenient.

I don't believe it is mandatory as some privacy oriented folks would cancel their insurance.

I get a walk through on my main house yearly for home owners insurance but I don't mind that.

I'm not happy about it.
I agree with you. Why would it be mandatory unless maybe you were on Medicare or Medicaid or God forbid hospice
I don't mind the visit but I don't like being told I have no choice and it's between 2 to 3 pm..
Inconvenient.

I don't believe it is mandatory as some privacy oriented folks would cancel their insurance.

I get a walk through on my main house yearly for home owners insurance but I don't mind that.
Cancel the visit.

It truly doesn’t sound right. Most health plans do want annual physicals and offer discounts. Like my employer did $80/mo. Imho even a rich person is willing to take $40/ paycheck for nothing. But never have I heard someone comes to your house.

“Sir, just to make sure I’m at the right house, will you please state your screen name?”

“Auto mechanic.”

“Excellent. Now cough!”

😂

@Zee09
Are you on Medicare? If so, you have to go through a set of questions every year.
Your state government may require such a thing to be done.
Seeing that you get a walk through from your home owners insurance, I’m thinking that this is something required by state law. I don’t go through that with my home owners insurance provider.
Hide all of your firearms before they get there.

Last edited:
@Zee09
Are you on Medicare? If so, you have to go through a set of questions every year.
Your state government may require such a thing to be done.
No I'm not on Medicare or anything like that. They tried this last year but I told them I was not interested and they never came out. But this lady said nope we are coming out.
It may be like CKN said...pushing an agenda for payola.
Why not just tell you that you need to visit your own doc for a visit...

I'm on Medicare and TriCare for Life and never had that call, but I do get Medicare supplemental calls and I just hang up when they transfer the call to a Licensed Insurance agent. :LOL:

If you are on Medicare Advantage plan they will do things like this to keep you out of the hospital. A few dollars spent on visiting you may save them thousands on an ED visit in the future. It's called "case management".

I had a life insurance come out and do a physical and blood test. Funny thing was the week before the visit they send you a cheat sheet on how to look good as far as bp. And blood sugar .etc so you can get accepted...nuts.. that must be the broker sending that out.

Got a call today from my health insurance company. They are sending a nurse practitioner to my house for a health checkup.

I said thanks but I don't need one. She informed me I had no choice in the matter.

This is not to get health or life insurance but to maintain my health insurance. I guess they noticed I have been blowing off the doctors lately.

Anybody else go through this with no choice in the matter.
I buy my own insurance and not part of a company or state plan.
My stepfather used to have to give periodic urine sample because he had hypertension. I don't remember if the carrier was for his malpractice insurance (MD) or health insurance.

Call them back and cancel. As long as you see your MD every year and get a checkup / follow his instructions you are fine.

NPs are known as Noctors (Not a Doctor) and the groomer at Petco needs more training hours to shave a dog than an NP does in the hospital / in person. You can also get an NP or PA degree online lol. STAY AWAY.

Call them back and cancel. As long as you see your MD every year and get a checkup / follow his instructions you are fine.

NPs are known as Noctors (Not a Doctor) and the groomer at Petco needs more training hours to shave a dog than an NP does in the hospital / in person. You can also get an NP or PA degree online lol. STAY AWAY.
Not true.

Well folks I just got off the phone...it is legit and it is a new service as they say to keep you healthy. However as some of you folks said it isn't mandatory at all and I was given a number to cancel the visit.... So the people that called me were dishonest.

In no way does it limit my insurance or benefits. Apparently a disingenuous hard sell..
Thanks all...

Well folks I just got off the phone...it is legit and it is a new service as they say to keep you healthy. However as some of you folks said it isn't mandatory at all and I was given a number to cancel the visit.... So the people that called me were dishonest.

In no way does it limit my insurance or benefits. Apparently a disingenuous hard sell..
Thanks all...

It could help someone such as @AutoMechanic. If they took a peek in his fridge.. .

It might have been mandatory to the front line people who called and scheduled the visit... They have metrics to meet or else (out the door)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back