SPAM: anyone here eat it?

Spam, corned beef (Pisupo) and canned meat in general, are a big part of many Pacific islands cultures. You need to open the big can when all the family come together.

Believe or not, these two images go together.
68EEFDF5-28B6-4413-9438-D937BD3F34DB.jpeg
8D156A03-D744-46AB-BD96-8A1F3A16B884.jpeg

Already exists. Most Asian countries have an extruded fish product that is sold in various shapes and is basically the fish equivalent of Spam.
Yep - the pork roll you get in a Vietnamese sandwich or fishcake on top of ramen is like spam in some aspect. Beef balls in pho(and their Thai/Cambodian variants) are similar.

The Vietnamese cha lua, is basically pork shoulder that’s been beaten and minced while cold. It’s then mixed with potato starch, white pepper, salt, garlic, single-acting baking powder and fish sauce. The mixture is then shaped in banana leaves or foil and steamed.

Already exists. Most Asian countries have an extruded fish product that is sold in various shapes and is basically the fish equivalent of Spam.
Beg your pardon? "Extruded fish" is most certainly nothing like my high-quality, made only from the finest fish bits, 75% dolphin-free Fish Spam! Made in USA with fish sourced from southern China and Vietnam. My cats love it! I am currently working on Shrimp Spam in Spicy Clam Sauce™ . 👍

Yep - the pork roll you get in a Vietnamese sandwich or fishcake on top of ramen is like spam in some aspect. Beef balls in pho(and their Thai/Cambodian variants) are similar.

The Vietnamese cha lua, is basically pork shoulder that’s been beaten and minced while cold. It’s then mixed with potato starch, white pepper, salt, garlic, single-acting baking powder and fish sauce. The mixture is then shaped in banana leaves or foil and steamed.
Don't forget gefilte fish. It's essentially fish spam in a jar.

Back